Is the 2006-2007 Schedule Complete?

I count 30 (14 non-conference + 16 A10)games. Am I missing a home non-conference game? I thought the ticket package was for 17 home games, two of which would be exhibition games.

Home non-conference: (6games)

UNC, Ole Miss, Toledo, Missouri State, Western Illinois, Houston, ???????

Home A-10: (8games)

Xavier, Dayton, Rhode Island, Charlotte, George Washington, Richmond, LaSalle, Duquense.

Road non-conference: (10games)

Utah State, Pacific, SIU-C, Loyola-Chicago, Houston, Texas A&M, Lamar, La Tech.

Road A-10 (8games)

Xavier, Dayton, Rhode Island, Temple, St. Joes, Fordham, UMass,

St. Bonaventure

is there are no road or home games with BCS conferences that will be played next year. Maybe its the effect of not being very good for a few years now or the effect of the A-10 but I fear we are heading to mid-major hell where you can't get home and homes with the big-boys.

1) The two home games we have this year against BCS teams are return games from last season. Those contracts end this season.

2) The road game against Texas A&M is part of a tourney, with no return game

3) We rarely get the first home game in a home and home with a BCS team. West Virginia was the last BCS team to start a series with us and play here first and they were terrible back then.

Of course, backwards Billikenguest is right that anything could happen (we could go undefeated next year and draw 20k for all home games and of course things would change) but I'd be willing to bet that we approached nearly every BCS team before this season and asked for a home and home (probably volunteering to start there this season) and got nothing.

Instead, this year we struck home and home deals with Toledo, Utah St., Missouri St., Houston, Pacific, SIU and Loyola. All those games, except Houston, need to be returned next year. Those teams are, in general, fine for RPI purposes but there isn't a big name in the bunch.

You have no way of knowing if any deals have been put together or are in the works for next year. Just looks like you are trying to find something to complain about. Why don't you wait to see what happens before you start complaining. At this point complaining is just idiotic.

to point out that next year we will likely have no BCS games at home? OK.

Quite frankly I did wait to see if somehow we'd get a BCS team or two added to the schedule this year but that hasn't happened. I could've waited till a year from now when we are playing the return game for all these series and then pointed out that there are no BCS games but its really not that hard to realize that the majority of next year's non-conference schedule is already set with the return games we've set-up for this year.

Maybe the magic fairy will call West Pine next summer and offer our coaches a home and home with a BCS or top 25 program and be willing to start that series in St. Louis but I have my doubts.

It is now a fact that teams are allowed 27 games plus one exempt tournament. Since our exempt tournament is 3 games that means we will have 30 games.

Backwards guest has listed 30 games (14 non-cnference) plus there has long been word of a game at Miami (OH). So basically, that game must have fallen though or something is wrong in Guest's list.

As it stands now 16 of our 30 will be on the road and Western Illinois is the only "buy" game. While I have already lamented that this schedule does not bode well for future home games vs. BCS conference teams, this schedule will be very RPI friendly. Most of these teams will finish the season with a winning record and with more road games then home, our RPI will be very strong IF WE WIN.

However, a lot of the same arguments that Packer, Nantz and others on this board liked to make regarding the Valley could very well apply to us at the end of the year. Carolina is the only real "name" team on here. We will need a good showing against them if we end up as a bubble team.

>

>Instead, this year we struck home and home deals with

>Toledo, Utah St., Missouri St., Houston, Pacific, SIU and

>Loyola. All those games, except Houston, need to be returned

>next year. Those teams are, in general, fine for RPI

>purposes but there isn't a big name in the bunch.

That is a really nice list of schools to play.

Toledo will be good with 4 starters back?

Utah St. will be one of the top 3 teams in the WAC again this year.

Missouri St. seems to always have our number.

Houston is no joke with Penders (sp?)

SIU is a 25 team that we seem to beat in stl just about everytime

I think we may have scheduled some home losses......

I know we had some kind of deal with Miami. It might be a home-and-home starting next season, though I could've sworn we had them this year. Because of the "27 game" rule, it seems like they won't be on the schedule this year.

Anyway, Katz and his think tank over at ESPN are calling Toledo the favorite in the MAC West, and thinks Miami is down a little this year:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2532368

I would be very, very surprised if we don't have at least one major program on the home schedule for next year, despite the current contracts. We have plenty of time to hammer out a deal with someone for next year's schedule, and the fact that we don't have anything with BCS schools renewing says that we'll have a lot of $$$ freeing up to get something worked out. And as always, our coaches will be calling Mizzou pretty frequently to get that series back on the calendar. Soderberg and his staff know the current state of our schedule and contracts for next year better than anyone, and I'm sure they're working on something.

Who needs a magic fairy when you've got cash?

I'm confused. I thought most home and home contracts didn't involve cash but rather a "we'll travel to you if you travel to us" agreement. I thought cash was only paid in the guaranteed buy games. Meaning, how will cash help us get a big name team to travel to St. Louis?

Far and away the best way for us to get big name teams to travel to St. Louis is to win and become a better national draw (for t.v. or the return game). Hopefully this is the group of guys to do it.