Why we hate Mizzery

slu72

A better question is why shouldn't we hate them? Here you have a great in state natural rivalry but Mizzery continues to duck us. Norm did it and now Q. We, as Bills fans, would love it every year, even though we recognize we stand a good chance of posting an L. So obviously we look at Mizzery and come away with the conclusion you think we're not good enough to put on your schedule. If your next door neighbor is throwing good parties every weekend and you're not invited it's natural to feel a little resentment. As for Mizzery's current problems, Mizzery fans wonder why we are smiling. Evidently they don't offer psyche classes at Boone County JC. We're smiling for the same reason we're smiling that Saddam Hussein is now the guest of the 4th ID. The evil empire may crumble! The bigger you are the harder the fall. People like that kind of stuff. Do Mizzery fans go to Star War movies and cheer for Darth Vader? I get the impression Mizzery fans think it's wrong for citizens of Missouri, regardless of where they went to school, to take joy in their predicament. Are you guys all members of the Baath party or graduates of the Tikrit school system? Is it toe the party line even if the party is rotten to the core? Q got you into this quandary, but like Bill Clinton, he'll find a way out somehow. Probably use the unconscious defense. Some people are just born with teflon skin. But just as a leopard cannot change his spots, neither can Q. I predict if he dodges this bomb, he'll find a way to place himself under another one in the not too distant future.

Remember Quin getting pasted in the St. Louis media for not playing SLU. He blamed Brad (and the loss of Edwin) for fulfilling our commitment to the school we'd replaced SPUMAC with on the schedule. What a whining little maggot. What a disturbing, petty, little napoleon. What a slick little used car salesman. Watch Quin's hair. It's kind of like Pinnochio's nose.

I for one enjoy talking about the trials and tribulations of our awkward cousins to the west. Some here do not. I gave Quin high marks for playing us initially and for building the Tiger program. I actually thought it would be hard to hate the tigers! For a very brief while it was. A tiger can't change his stripes I guess. Before long Quin was dissing the Billikens and playing with fire. He may pull a Bill Clinton and come out of this smelling like a slightly soiled rose but he, like Clinton, is moral garbage on legs.

i think the real reason no one has responded is that you started the thread. you have become more or less poison debate imo.

Wow. I guess that shows the adults we have here at billikens.com. I think it's ridiculous that I even had to start a thread concerning why we love SLU. And yes roy, I do love SLU. I grew up in St. Louis as a fan of both schools, and now I attend Mizzou so I pull for them more. This may be hard for you all to comprehend. I think you all are very petty and ridiculous people.

Dude, you make your entrance to the board by getting everybody riled up and dissing SLU. Then a few days later you say it is all a joke and you just wanted to see everybody's reaction. Then you are on the BILLIKEN message board taking a pro Mizzou stance on the "issues" in Columbia. Then you start a stupid thread asking why we like SLU and count the responses (the "hate Mizzou" thread was obviously a response to MUTiger's comments). I'm not sure why you think you deserve respect...around here, you have to earn it. Stick around and contribute some worthy material and maybe you'll get the responses you're looking for. Until then, don't be suprised by the anomosity...you HAVE earned that one.

Besides stating why I don't think SLU would help Mizzou's schedule (a stance which steve, a die-hard bills fan, agrees with) where have I ever said anything negative towards SLU? I've said countless positive things. I don't undertand how I've hidden anything. Would you rather my screen name be "billiken_matt?" Would that show more love? Good lord.

all the threads were not about missouri. not even the majority were about missouri. the ones you chose to respond to and carried on ad nauseum with your blockheaded views were the longest though thanks to you.

There is a little jealous of MU's success here but a lot of indignation at the moral bankrupcy shown to so easily obtain it. Would SLU trade integrity for success? I think not. Would Slu Trade Biondi for Floyd? Not even If Floyd divorced the "chatty ebonic" Carmento and some how got into the Jesuit order.

i have said probably a million times, i would gladly remain a barely over 500 team forever if my only way of being better was to run a program the way missouri runs theirs.

I would be willing to bet if you checked a lot of different message boards across the country, there would have been Mizzou threads that week. The story was/is huge. Just like we had a lot of threads when Eustachy got caught at the frat party. It's dramatic and; more importantly, bad for Mizzou. Those are two things that interest Billiken fans. We commented and that was it. As Roy said, your responses are what prompted the continuation of the threads. For fans of this program, it is very hard for us to understand this scenario. This would not happen at SLU, and if it did, there would be prompt, decisive action. The faculty, alumni, and fans would DEMAND it. Just the fact that matters of lack of institutional control became public is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. We operate in a classy fashion. See the hiring of Soderberg. It wasn't the media circus you saw at Washington or other institutions. Again, an example of our class...

The reason why there are few replies to your "Why we love SLU" thread is because most of us have the same answer: because we went to college there. I could start a thread on "Why we love ice cream" and even though ice cream is great, I would probably get few responses because almost everyone's answer would be the same: because it tastes good.

Apparently, there are many reasons for a person to hate SPUMAC.

as nashville just touched on, one of the most amazing offshoots of the whole missouri debacle is the way the boosters, fans and alumni in general have reacted. to even think of tolerating anything of this magnitude let alone condone pretty q's continued shenanigans is ghastly in the least imo.

i would hope if the tables were turned, and slu had a coach that pulled the crap that snyder has, he would have been severely punished after the plane ride fiasco, given a final warning after the mcbride mistake, and fired the second that clemons transcripts were presented to the school for approval. yet, snyder and his band of merry cheaters are still given a free pass and the target of the fan's ire is first jessica bunge, the physically and mentally abused girlfriend, then clemons, who went from a social project endeared by all to a pathilogical liar and con man that should be hung, to now the wives of employees of the administration who have relatively little to do with the mess the school is in, for expressing their distaste for the slickster q. (even though their comunication path wasnt the most socially responsible).

meanwhile it is not uncommon to read between the lines that as long as no one gets caught, who cares what methods are used to win. yeah, i'd be real proud to be a future or past alum of missouri right now.