"atmosphere" and SLU attendance

I've always been a Tom fan ... I think he would have had a great year last year had he stayed healthy. I remember going at it pretty hard with aj regarding Tom.

Are you going to Cinci? If we make the finals, I think Alysse (the girl from my team that is at the game with me pretty often) are going to drive over Sat and come back Sunday.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Tom was a pretty fierce competitor. Would have loved to have had him last year, but his injury may have been a blessing in disguise. It allowed Ian V to get all that playing time that he so badly needed. Look how far he's come in a year.

They've pretty much talked me into going. Leaving Friday AM and coming back after we win it. I think they told me we have rooms at the Embassy Suites.

Remind her to bring the "lucky" jacket.

embassy suites in covington or blue ash? i am staying at the covington one. blue ash is a long drive into downtown.

Not so Roy - you get points for buying season tix. So, you could be a long time season tix owner and be ahead of a Billiken Club member who recently joined and bought season tix for a just a short time. I do agree with you that the points system in place should be the deciding manner in which season tix are distributed. I also agree that it is possible that those buying tix next year will be better off then those who buy them two years from now. All this is moot since I am not sure if the season tix sales will grow by 3000 in two years.

If you are not a Billiken Club member but a season ticket holder with more points than a Billiken Club member also with season tickets, you get in line behind the Billiken Club member for the next seat selection.

skip i would think it would be tough downtown, but look in kentucky and i bet you will easily find rooms. covington might be tough, but the further you get in kentucky the easier it will be likely. we picked the embassey in covington, because it is close and assuming the weather is nice, we can just walk over the bridge that comes out right at the arena.

no they have already announced that billiken club members are first in line regardless.

Gister and Roy -if they use the points system which the school has repeatedly said is the way they will assign seats then how can ignore someone with higher points just because they are not Billiken Club members. Also, where did you hear that Billiken Club membership gets top priority over the points system - just curious?

i talked to the school about getting my son his own billiken club membership and was told if he joined the billiken club now he would indeed be ahead of non billiken club members to get seat selection.

sort of. Crymdog would move ahead of long-time season ticket holders that aren't BC members. However, I'm sure the athletic dept will notify long term season ticket holders that aren't BC members that they need to join to ensure good seats in the new arena. When that happens, you can expect the Crymdog's of the world to move to the back of the line. The only people crymdog will move ahead of are the long term season ticket holders that refuse to buy BC memberships.

Roy, are you saying that even if your son does not have season tix because he is a Billiken Club member he goes ahead of those nonmembers who have bought season tix for years? -intersting. I guess it would make sense for the Athletic Dept to notify people of this who are not members but season tix holders so they do not get a firestorm of complaints. This being said, it just occured to me that when they do this I bet the cost of membership goes up a far amount.

just me and anita. i have offered the back seat for signguy on the way home though. so he has dibs on that.

it is my guess that there will be more of those that will "refuse" than one would think. as they still will somewhat lose their place in line unless they make a sizeable donation to make up for all the years. some will. and to be honest i have no problem if someone gets out the check book and writes a lot of zeros. but those that just buy the minimum membership wont gain all that much.

Since Roy mentioned his son joining the Billiken_club, I took a look at the info (while avoiding study (not good)). And what really sort of sucks is that I, and none of my family, are SLU alums.

Basically, it takes a $1000 of Donations to equal the SLU Alum point bonus....That sort of sucks. But I have a feeling a vast minority of the Billiken club would be upset about this.