Halftime Thoughts...

davidnark

-Down by 3. Once again we are playing well against a very good team.

-Drejaj's shooting is killing us. Where is his shot?

-Varner's shooting, finishing, and rebounding is huring us. I wish we had better options. Hopefully, JJ can eat into Varner's minutes.

-Clarke hit his first three! It would be a big lift it we could Clarke into the mix.

-Tom has zero fouls!!!!! He has also grabbed some nice boards and had a nice move or two.

i agree with your take on frericks. he is having a nice game is imo is the primary reason we are in the game. keep it up tom!

the bad part is our 4 tops, fisher, drejaj, sloan and bryant all have 4 fouls already. not a good setup for the rest of the game. if anyone is killing us, it is ted valentine!

I wish that the Bills had a viable big man to go after those rebounds. That one series on our end of the floor looked ugly when tech got 2 offensive rebounds just because of their height. Other than that, SLU is rotating really well, and Bryant is once again showing me that he is a very legitimate, and potentially lethal, scorer. I hope he develops that clutch last second shot that marque had.

Defense is solid and we are forcing them to play at the tempo we set. Other than Reggie, offense looked tentative. Everybody looked scared offensively, but maybe starting to relax. If we keep it close like this, we'll get more comfortable and relaxed offensively. Last week against Arizona, we seemed more worn out in the second half from the hard defense in the first. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Coach probably recognized that and seems to have more rotation with his players. Also, trying to limit players fouls.

>>the bad part is our 4 tops, fisher, drejaj, sloan and bryant all have 4 fouls already. not a good setup for the rest of the game.<<

I know you meant 2 fouls ... hope it was not a prescient statement. We absolutely need Bryant to stay out of foul trouble. Tom has been a nice lift this game coming in playing solid minutes, stout on the boards and contributing offensively. JJ and Izik both contributing. How about Darren finally hitting a 3!!! He still looks overwhelmed out there though but maybe the fog is slowly clearing. Sloan got some tough calls.

i can guarantee you that if we were ranked in the top 10 we would have more than it appears are sitting there watching georgia tech today. now that is pitiful.

the offense is bound to look tenative when fisher has to sit as long as he has today with the two fouls. i look for the offense to come around in the second half. of course, gt will score more as well simply based on their athleticism and the fact our 4 tops are in foul trouble and will have to back off a little.

Only Miami is worse - barely. Atlanta is huge but a lot of people there aren't from Atlanta so they could care less about the local teams, ranked in the top 10 or not. I almost thought it was a Hawks game taking place today.

I would imagine if the game had been played on GT's campus arena it would have sold out and it did sound louder than I thought it should have - most GT fans were on the other side of the camera and behind the hoops. Still, that was dismal. Later today you'll see 80,000 people watching the MSU/Kentucky game - the State of Michigan has real sports fans!

i guarantee you if the billikens were top 10 in the country they would draw a hell of a lot better at the eddy dome than what gt drew today at the hawks arena. yeah it wasnt their normal floor, but it was still in their home town. that was pathetic. the gt fans dont deserve hewitt. he should go on to bigger and better places if that is the support he gets.

is that the Bills/GaTech game was the first of two ... it was followed by Clemson and Georgia in the second game of the Chic-Fill-A Peach Bowl tourney for kids or something. Maybe the crowd got bigger when Big Bad Old State U. came in but I doubt it.

in the right venue, a lot of matchups could do that. i pity the poor guy sitting in the top corner of that game though. i attended a final four in indy one year and my seats were in the 5th from the top row even with the other end zone (the floor was set up across the other end!) and basically watched the game on the rca dome jumbo tron. i swore i would never attend another one in such a setting.

i would bet that if st louis hosted missouri and illinois at the eddy dome, they would sell that out.

as much as I love his intensity, I have come to the conclusion he is going to be a better sixth man than starter. I do not think he has the stamina to play 35 minutes every game. His shot needs fresh legs,(although I realize the should be fresh in the first half)even in the AZ game when he was hitting early he tailed off in the second half when we needed it. I think he will come along though, but I would love to see clark play well enough to get 15 minutes a game.