Best part about tonight...

TheGoat

>2) Better rebounding -- 35 overall

I don't know what the numbers were but we got owned on the defensive glass it seemed to me. They got chance after chance but shock terrible. Great win and lot of things went well, rebounding wasn't one of them as far as I'm concerned. Maybe they just missed that many shots...

if there was one part of the game that I thought we underperformed at it was the defensive boards.

There was one brutal possession in the 1st half with Ian on the bench where Rhode Island scored five points from offensive rebounds, fouls, missed free throws and more offensive rebounds.

the rebounding thing is going to happen when we are depending on a four guard lineup. not too difficult for everyone to block out ian.

power forward.....our achilles heel.

Speaking of the powere forward position I just don't get why JJ doesn't play. There was absolutely nothing wrong with his play last night.With the exception of the Umass game when he was jacking up terrible shots I just don't see bad play. Why is his leash so short?

JJ's leash is deservedly short. He fluctuates from halfway decent (last night) to almost non-existent. He doesn't really get higher than that. And if you want the best five on the floor in crunch time, it has to include AD and LM. Luke is truly proving his worth now. He is always near the ball and has scoring potential. You can't keep him off the floor when the game is on the line, and AD (except for his bonehead play on the fast break) isn't as prone to mistakes at JJ would be in the clutch.

JJ has a role here, but unless he brings it up a couple of notches, it won't be a huge one. His time expanded last night only because of IV's foul trouble.

>It was a bad pass in that it was picked off. Tommie

>could've caught it but for the pick.

There was no way Tommie could have caught that pass. It was far too low, hence the phrase playing above the rim. The one critique I have of that play is the spacing on the break. Drejaj never force the defender to commit to an act.

>Speaking of that play, what exactly happened? Couldn't

>really tell from the radio, but it sounded like it was a

>botched alley oop? Was it a bad pass by ad, could tommie not

>get to it? I really don't mind the guys trying to get flashy

>from time to time...it livens things up.

DREJAJ tripped and the ali oops happened.