beer and the new arena

pakapablo

why would you even think that. as long as i have been aware of saint louis university they have had beer on campus. when i was a student in the late 70's early 80's there was a pub in the busch center, and i believe the restaurant in the busch center now serves beer.

i would think ab and their generous support will make sure that beer will flow at the biondi dome as well.

The only time the ncaa can control alcohol sales is during NCAA events (NCAA Tournament games). Its up to the school to allow or not allow alcohol sales. Distance from campus of the building has nothing to do with their policy.

beer will be at the new arena.

I don't know the rules...but most on campus arenas or football stadiums have not had beer for sale. Off campus yes.

There is a difference between having a pub on campus and serving alcohol to 20,000 for hoops or 80,000 plus for football.

I would definitely say I haven't been to an on campus football stadium that served beer, and I go to a lot of sporting events.

It is possible that a campus could be dry - like Mizzou so that is why no alchol is sold there. Seems to me that all those saying they have bought alchol at other school's on campus arenas means that you are just going to dry campuses or places that a decision has been made not to sell.

There are two different things: Dry Campus, and no booze at games on campus. I know many campuses who have a campus bar or pubs...on campus, some even University owned serving booze. Some of these same places have on campus arenas and serve zero booze at games.

As I said, most on campus places serve no booze of any kind at arenas...they aren't dry campuses...just at arenas. Let's see Midwest? You can get booze at Louisville, Marquette DePaul...off campus venues.....But go to bigger schools, or state schools...schools with on campus venues ....Mizzou, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan....etc...Illinois...no dice. The urban schools that have off camous venues are usually the exceptions.

In fact it is unique to have venues that serve booze imo. Maybe some of the lcoal STL folk don't realize that they are definitely the minority at SLU games. ....and as we discussed, kids can't afford it anyway.