How many teams from A10...

SLU_Nick

will get in the tournament. I do not think this has been directly addressed. Will there be more than one because experts are saying that the Big 12 will send like 8 and ACC will send everyone down through VA tech. If all these predictions are true, It looks like it will be the conference winner and regular season conference winner. And if it is the same team, the committee will have no problem giving the A10 only one berth.

Any thoughts?

and not Big 12. I can't see any expert saying the Big 12 will get 8 teams. They only have two teams in the top 60 of the RPI. The conference is ranked between 6-7. Who, besides Texas, would even be considered very good?

How many bids the A-10 gets will be determined by how the top teams perform in conference. If everyone beats up on eachother and the top teams go 10-6 or 9-7 then we could only get one or maybe two. If GW, Xavier and maybe Temple/Charlotte all end up going 12-4 or better and then someone else won the conference tourney then we could get as many as four.

Parity is the conference's enemy right now.

big 12 = 8? are you sure you didnt mean the big east or big 10?

i think the a-10 will be lucky to get 2 teams. if gw is the class of the league, i think we will have a lot of parity and if that plays out, the sos pre-conference will kill the league.

out of the few candidates (Xavier Charlotte, GW, Temple) run away from the rest of the conference as long as they don't win the conference tourney we'll get at least 2.

In my opinion it would take extreme parity or bad-luck in the conference tourney for us not to get 2 and I'd be surprised if we don't find a way to get 3.

ACC and Big Ten right now both get 6 teams in. BE may get 7. SEC only gets 4. Pac 10 gets 3. MVC should get 4, but that will never happen. A-10 will get 3 no more, I think we get more than 2. GW and Xavier are gimmes and Temple, Charlotte or St Joes will find a way to get in.

last year looks like an anomaly with only one A-10 birth.

But I would not worry about how many the Big east and B10 get, their additional spots will be coming from CUSA......I suspect that CUSA is likely to only get 2 spots, Memphis and UAB, but houston with another loss today is heading south. The rest of CUSA has such poor non conference SOS that their RPI will be hard to raise.

The A-10 however has GW which seems to be playing well enough to win and Xavier which appears to be a good team. However neither of those teams are their lowest RPI teams going into tonights games. St. Joe's and Temple have such strong SOS that despite being around .500 their RPI is around 50.

Charlotte has to do the same that SLU needs to do.......win.

Last year somesome 19 win teams were in and some out, with SLU SOS in nonconference, if they get to 19 wins they have a shot. It will likely be at the expense of teams like temple, St. Joe's or Charlotte though.