CL and attendance

slu72

i sent cheryl an email earlier today asking why she responded as such and she admitted she messed up her statement but not because she doesnt know about our history, but because she was hurried and just didnt respond with what she meant to say.

she meant to say it was going to be the largest crowd since the historic louisville game 3 years ago.

i appreciate her responding to my inquiry with candor and enthusiasm. thanks cheryl!

i contacted the billiken office and asked. however, since they didnt give me permission to publish it, i suggest you do the same if you want to contact her. i was actually surprised she doesnt have it in the directory as she seems accessable.

KShoe - most of the tickets were sold as part of the "Community Night" event so those seats would be in the upper tier sections. I have to admit that sitting behind the baskets (end zone type seats) are not very good. You get a compressed view of the game - very flat. If I have to sit there I would personally sit up top in the center in the first few rows.

I know there is going to be an outstanding student attendence. BC has a winter break ticket policy that says if you are going to be in town during break, you can request up to 6 tickets per game. For the Gonzaga game, there were so many requests that I was only able to give people 3-4 each and we had 203 tickets...I myself only got 4 and had to go to the Billiken Ticket Office to get myself another one. People are still trying to hit me up for tickets. I have a feeling this could be the highest attended game that I've ever seen, personally (since I was still in high school during the Louisville game)--at least in terms of student turn-out.

On one hand, I'm excited that there will be that many people for the game...but on the other hand, I guess it's just the Billiken spirit in me that wishes all of these people were coming because they love and want to support our boys...not that they want to see the #8 team in the country. It will be interesting to see what happens in terms of future fan turnout if we win/don't get smoked.

If the Gonzaga game were to pull in 15,000 people we'd be doubling current attendance numbers. I'd love to see it but I just don't think that will happen. I'm going to hope for 10,000-12,000.

By the numbers...

Eastern Illinois (at Family Arena) 7534

SIU-Carbondale 8875

Jackson State 6817

Kennesaw State 7127

numbers from yahoo.com

For the record...

Melissa Rhodus...first time poster, six year reader, six year member of pep band. SLU grad 04 from Cook School of Business. Bills fan since high school.