Shimmy's Debut Tonight...

Iggy

The ladies' team looked fairly good last night,,,until they tried to shoot the ball. I haven't seen that many missed lay-ups since...well, a mens game a few years back. We missed 31 lay ups according to the story in the paper. Ouch! I didn't think it was possible to see a Diener miss two straight free throws, but it happened. McFarland looked like she might be a good player, but spent most of the night on the bench in foul trouble. A rough night. I've also never heard 12 Bose speakers sound so incredibly terrible. They'd be better off just borrowing somebody's boom box...and I couldn't find a beer vendor anywhere.

Sounds like after a game like that a trip to Humphreys would have been warrented! I know coach gray was supremely disappointed with the game, but honestly she is going to have a rough first year, maybe two. The talent for a D1 team just isnt there yet, and heart and hustle only gets you so far. I have great faith in her as a coach/leader, but she has to get some girls in there that can shoot and rebound.

cheeseman, i dont know if the beer sales on campus is true. i think it has to be an actual ncaa event like the tourney. i can remember having a couple of beers at the shoemaker center while watching the billikens in cincy in the past.

Its up to the school if they want to allow alcohol sales. NCAA tourney events do not allow it per their rules.

Went to the game as well. and DID stop at Humps for a beer. Might be another hard season. On the positive, the team never gave up. Worked really hard. As of now, they dont have any go to person. Noone you feel confident in when the ball is in their hands. I suspect someone will develop from this group as Shimmy works them.

Good to see about 10 Blue Crew members in the house. Also noticed about a dozen Weber state fans in teh crowd traveling with the team...thats a long trip!!

Sound system sounded like the guy running it had whatever was imputed into it way too loud. The PA guy sounded good. It was operator error on the part of the music.

At least the Team looked like they were enjoying playing again. Last year with Jill, none of the players respected her, but from what I get talking to the players, they really respect shimmy. That is a step in the right direction and also the HS coaches I have talked to have had great things to say about Shimmy, unlike Jill who no HS coach cared for in the STL.

LOSING=JILL PIZZOTTI, WINNING=SHIMMY GRAY