SIU beat up on UMSL--89-64

StLouBlue

you got shaw mixed up with falkner. falkner is the kid that wanted the specialized engineering degree. i dont think matt shaw has even declared a major.

we lost out on shaw mainly because matt painter went after shaw harder and sooner than coach soderberg did who chased kalin grimes instead. grimes of course rides the bench for mi$$ouri. but it had little to do with academics from what i have always understood.

In case you didn't see the boxscore, UMSL was led in scoring by Troy Slaten with 25, but 0 rebounds. I hope for SLU's sake on 590 that Brad makes life very tough for Slaten in our game. Last thing I want is for him to score a bunch and then we have to listen about it on the radio.

but how many did the guy he was supposed to defend score?

0 rebounds??

although, remember the old adage, don't pick a fight with someone that buys ink by the barrel, not sure the sports talk radio equivalent, maybe don;t pick a fight with someone that controls the kill switch on the delay machine

grimes was as soft as a baby's behind in high school. i was a shaw man before grimes and shaw even got out of their junior years. shaw consistently outplayed bigs every game. many times players taller and/or wider. yet grimes consistently was outplayed by 6'2" centers that would never play a second of college ball.

sure we would see the occasional emphatic roof shaking dunk by grimes, but just as often we would see him standing flat footed getting out positioned and out rebounded by the smaller guy.

sorry, while he has the body and the talent, even $nyder knows he picked a loser with apparently little heart and guts. and that is why grimes in on the bench.

i am not sure grimes would play ahead of justin johnson. even johnson has shown more fire than grimes ever has.

SEMO played UMSL on Friday nite and beat them by about 13. So, going into our first game of the year on Wednesday, UMSL will already have 2 games under their belt, albeit 2 losses.

I'd look for them to outplay us in the first half Wednesday as we try to find some combo's that work well together and try to get over the first game jitters.

Thats funny. I'd love to see us put AD on him and just beat his a$$ all game. Let AD get so physical with him he wants to quit, or Daddy storms the court and goes after AD himself. If AD fouls out turn him over to Danny.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman