NCAA/bracketology-Mid Majors

slu72

now engbaged in picking brackets. Can't attest to this but remember reading most upsets are in the 7-10, 5-12, 6-11 games. 8-9 pretty much is a toss up. Really sorry to see St.Mary's and SIU in the opener as they were two of the three mid majors or sleepers too make the sweet 16. You always have them year in and year out. Now the mid majors are left with these games:

Chicago:

Alabama/UW Milwaukee 5-12 game, any one know anything about UWM?

Albequerque:

West Va/Creighton 7-10 game, I like the Blue Jays for a possible run although they'd have to get by WF to make the 16...not likely.

Syracuse:

Wisconsin/No. Iowa 6-11, All you valley fans, can they do it? I kind of like UW though. Whoever wins most likely gets Kansas who is hurting.

South

Michigan State/Old Dominion 5-12 game, Izzo's tough to beat

Utah/UTEP, 6-11 , Utah has that big guy anyone know anything about UTEP?

It seems most of the games in these categories are major v major.

of the 4-13 games, the only team I can see getting knocked off is BC by Penn, Penn could make the sweet 16 then As their play in would be Alabama or UWM both upsettable, and Gonzaga possibly by Winthrop(watch for Winthrop coach to get UVA job)...Winthrop would then have a fairly "easy" road to the sweet 16 Texas Tech or UCLA.

Some probably two of these mid majors is going to make it...now if we only knew who?

I'd offer this .... my 13-year-old daughter won our pool last year. You should see the look on an $8/week allowance kid when she is handed $232 in one fell swoop. Her systme is foolproof ....

Mascots (loves dogs, favorite is a Huskie, which explains UConn last year). Tie-breaker number one: color combinations. Tie-breaker number two: seeds.

OK, taj mahal 79, I'll pay $25 to get her rundowns. What is the preferred list of mascots: dogs #1 then what.....I'm thinking Fighting Indians and Tar Heels this year....How do the colors rank?

Seeds, believe it or not, I think I can figure that out.

i tried to watch kirstie allen's new show on cable last night. within 5 minutes i decided watching the marquette game was better entertainment. but that was unbearable as well. tough tv nite.

.. but I can't give you the system as it changes given the matchup .... and its whacked at times as well ... she loves the Bush's baked beans commercial in which the dog talks ... and the dog's name????? If you guessed an ACC team that rhymes with "PUKE" well you'd be right! Sometimes I need to disown her.

Anyway, most times, Huskies always win ... which bodes well for Romar and his boys as well. But in one breath Huskie is better than a Bulldog but a Bulldog might be better than a Duke IF that Bulldog is from a school that is somewhat named after our first family pet ... GONZO.

Sorry, you have to live in her world to really understand it .....

Colors ... again ... I like Georgia Tech. She does not. She likes Bucknell's combo .. but not enough to take it over Oklahoma. Again, 9if you ain't on that planet, you ain't getting it.

And her winnings were actually $312 last year. Runnerup? My buddy's 13-year-old son. Good year for 13 year-olds I guess!