So Memphis is still alive

BLIKNS

was hoping the other A-10 school would go farther,is Charlotte still a lock?What if memphis runs the table how many C-USA get bids?

Think I seen UAB won .More interested in the A-10 tourney now.Would like to see Memphis run the table though.

I watched that game and USF had control the majority of the game. Remember BLIKNS when we played them Leather played even though he had the flu and had no business being out on the court...he is 2nd team all conference, and had another big game VS Cincy last night. USF beat Charlotte in their final regular season game and they are on a mini roll now...it will be interesting to see how they fare VS Memphis tonite.

..... IMHO and I think Louisville, Cincinnati and Charlotte are locks. Memphis should win tonight and I think Lousiville will as well. That means Memphis becomes the fourth should they win it all. I believe that if Memphis loses, and Lousiville wins it all, UAB will get the fourth bid. UAB might be in a tough spot with a loss. I think DePaul is out right now but is still a potential bubble pick.

nevada lost last night and there goes another bubble spot. i strongly believe that cusa will only get 3. i would give the mvc 4 before i would give cusa 4.

Saw where Vermont lost last night. Also my old high school rival, now coach at Bucknell, Pat Flannery got his boys to win on the road at Holy Cross. Does Holy Cross get an at large?

I can see three from the MVC ... Creighton, Southern Illinois and either Northern Iowa or Wichita State. One but not both.

So how many east coast trips you getting next fall/winter? You can stay here and we can drive to games at LaSalle, St. Joes, Temple, GeeDub and Richmond. If I want to, I can even do Fordham and Duquesne. A more opps are coming my way. Cindy even willing to give you a group rate on the room and board charges! Here in DC .. well, I'm sure Sign Kid knows all the M Street haunts!

I think the MVC is going to be disapointed when the selections come out on Sunday. The Billikens future conference will get 3. the RPI is not the end-all that people make it out to be, especially this year and both St. Joes and GW will get bids.

if that happens, it will be interesting. all i am saying is that the ncaa will maybe take 2 teams out of rpi order, otherwise, in years past it pretty much runs by the rpi. i am more anxious to see how this season pans out than ever before.

btw, it wont break my heart to see the mvc only get two. the reaction we have gotten to our defense of the a-10 from the mvc lovers only makes me hate the mvc. this was the first year i didnt even want to go to a single mvc tourney game. i instead stayed home and watch law and order reruns. i came out way ahead imo.

has pretty much always said the RPI is just one tool they use to analyze teams altough the evidence usually suggests it is a very important tool. With the new RPI formula and some very odd results I truly believe the RPI is going to be less of a factor then in the past. For that reason, I believe teams and conferences that are hoping the RPI will get them in are in for a rude awakening.

I was in DC early last week and GW seemed to think all it needed was one conference win to get in. Well they have 2 right now but still have an RPI of 63. If they lose today in the championship game do they go? 21-7 with wins over Michigan State and Maryland and a Sagarin rating of 45?

I think 2 is very possible for the MVC because both WSU & UNI both kind of fell flat at the end of the season. I hope 3 make it or even 4 but find this unlikely. I guess I just don't understand why you say the MVC is overrated. Using the RPI they are the 8th rated conference. Oral Roberts is in the 24th rated conference. While I am always for quality small schools making the NCAAs, Oral Roberts losing to Oakland did in their chance--at least for me.

Are you saying the MVC is overrated because you watched a lot of the games? Or is this because like Roy you are kind of fed up with the whole MVC vs A10 debate. Sorry but if that is the case, the MVC is the better league this year and that is just sour grapes.

Should be a fun day to see who makes it. Hopefully SLU will at least be a bubble team next year so we can have a little more of a personal stake in it.