What if....

slu72

>You make very valid points as for whatever reason(s) Clarke

>has been a bust and we are sooooo piss poor shooting from

>beyond the arc, Ahearn or someone who can shoot like him

>would have been a godsend for the '04-'05 Billikens.

Don't tell Roy that. He can't admit he was wrong.

detective, or ace or whatever name you are going by these days, were you a drew deiner supporter? because imo, that is what you would have gotten with ahearn. would ahearn have been more successful here than clarke? my guess is that soderberg would have never played him either as he wont play man to man defense. the point is, your assumption is as much conjecture and no more right than my assumption.

Deiner was OK with me; played smart and shot well, and wouldn't have come in for as much criticism if that's all we needed...Blake and Diener have similar range, but Blake has a much quicker release, and maybe less of a consience - which is an attribute for a great shooter. I suspect our record would be exactly turned around if we had Blake and Matt this year. (and used them)

Everybody's looking for another AB. At this point I'd be

happy with another Tatum or Jeff harris type of player.

Watched Colorado State a couple of nights ago, CSU had not one, but 2 other highly athletic 7 footers,and all 3 were on the court at the start of the game. These kids are out there, it's simply a matter of finding them. I think SLU needs to stay away from the JUCO kids as the JUCO system is starting to get the 2nd tier kids. JUCO's are no longer producing the top kids like Larry Johnson of UNLV. These kids are by and large choosing to go the prep school route. This is where I would concentrate my recruiting after high school kids.

All of you calling for the last two schollies going to 4s will be disappointed - Brad has publically said - through his coaches that I actually heard - he wants a rebounder and dead nuts shooter. If Ahern was here he would be playing right now and the record would be better - how much who knows. DC was a bust. By the way, saying if Ahern did not play in the Valley he would not be so good is simply ludicrous. By the way, DB will not be a good option for being a 4.

I too have heard that SLU is looking for a post player and a tall scoring wing. I also heard that SLU would save a scholarship if they could not sign the type of talent that they really wanted/needed. We will see if player performances between now and mid-March change the recruiting focus.

Colin Falls (Notre Dame) was the 6-4 shooting guard that SLU really wanted vs Ahern and DC. The thinking was that if Notre Dame didn't offer Falls, that he would have signed with SLU. So you hear.....

The reason Ahern is playing in the MVC is that no team from a higher ranking conference offered him a scholarship. Ahern is a good kid, a good student, a very good driveway shooter, and a piss-poor defender.