Dare we begin?????

What I'm hoping for is that SLU will sneak up on everyone like St.Joes did last year. Suddenly we go from unranked to 22 to 15 to to 7 to 2 or 3. Pinch me, I must be dreaming. Give these guys a decent PF or two mix in Jarrod Leonard and who knows how high is high.

Wasn't St. Joes pretty highly ranked to begin the season last year? They had Nelson and West and everyone else back from a NCAA tourney team the year before and they were matched up against Gonzaga in the Garden to start the season. In 2002 St. Joes started out ranked in the top 10 with O'Connor and Nelson but flamed out.

>Yes we can, but we still need to close the deal on a couple

>of power forwards who will be ready to make an impact next

>year - perhaps one juco and a prep schooler.

Agree with ACE. For the future, I think we have a serviceable center to go with talented guards / wing. What about a post scoring threat? To go deep, I think we need an inside presence. With the firepower we have in the backcourt, we may be able to get a few rounds deep in the NCAA with a bigger version of Chris Sloan at 4--great defender, runs the floor, hustles his ass off, occasional contributor on the offensive end.

After witnessing how far Brad has brought this team in less than 3 years, I feel confident he and the staff will plug the PF hole looming next season.

that St. Joes has been a top 25 team for the last few years and last year started in the top 10-15 on most lists. they didn't come out of nowhere per se but nobody expected the season they had either.

In my opinion, the Bills of the next four years will look a lot like the Bills of 93-95. We will have very good guards that can compete with almost any team in the country. This should be good enough to get us into the tourney in the 8-12 seed range. If we are going to become a true top 25 program, however, and get seeds in the 3-6 range we will need to recruit some big men that are as talented as our guards. Unfortunately there don't appear to be many local kids that fit this profile so the coaches will have to sell the program nationally. the ability of Brad and co. to do this will determine how high this program can rise.