Cancun Challenge

Talking about what to do with your time out there, I have these suggestions:

If you take the ferry from Playas del Carmen to Cozumel, there is (or used to be) a bar there called Havana Club. They make the absolutely best Mojitos I ever had in my life, very alcoholic by the way so go easy. Another curious point is that whenever I went scuba diving from Cozumel, I had absolutely no problems with drinking stuff containing the local ice. Never got sick there.

The diving in this area is interesting, it is drift diving. The currents carry you and the boat follows the group and picks the divers up as they surface. It is a lazy man, or woman, form of diving, very relaxing. Underwater this area is notable for the large number of sea turtles you see, some of them very large. You will have the opportunity to do Cenote diving. Cenotes are underground caves full of water. Stay away from them unless you are trained in cave diving, it is easy to lose your sense of direction and get lost underwater in there, not a happy event for sure. Another caution is about wreck diving, look at them from the outside, do not go in.

Do not worry about availability of equipment, boats, or lack of training. The hotel will arrange for you to get a tourist diving session. This is basically a longuish video (training), a boat with crew, equipment rental, and a diving  guide. The boat will stay in shallow water for this first dive by the tourists. I remember taking my kids in one of these tourist tours. I had to persuade (push her out of the boat) one of my daughters who got cold feet before going in, she went in. The all loved it. The package, particularly if it is a family package, is not cheap but it is well worth it.

BuiltFordBills likes this

21 hours ago, TheBand said:

My wife and I are here.  Rode the shuttle with Earl and Rammer.  Haven’t seen any Billikens fans.  Crazy low ceilings in the ballroom.  Not too many “rainmakers” in there.  

We are so lucky that whoever foots the bill for Earl and Rammer does so consistently, not like the Bally people who won't even pay for their Golden Goose product (Cardinals baseball) announcers to travel with the team. 

Also, we don't often enough shout out to Earl and Rammer, who have to be the best CBB radio announcers out there.

Zink, TheBand, RUBillsFan and 1 other like this

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

Talking about what to do with your time out there, I have these suggestions:

If you take the ferry from Playas del Carmen to Cozumel, there is (or used to be) a bar there called Havana Club. They ...........

TL:DR

Donkey Show!!!!!

BuiltFordBills and JMM28 like this

I think you are confusing Cozumel with Tijuana or Puerto Vallarta. I have been to Cozumel a number of times and never ever saw anything indicating such a show there. Cozumel is a place for divers, although when the Cruise ships arrive they are flooded with tourists purchasing stuff during the day. Things get quiet late in the afternoon, the cruise tourists re embark and the diving boats come in after the last dive of the day. Havana Club Cozumel, go ahead and check it in the net, sells great Cuban cigars, the real stuff, and makes great mojitos.