Har-Sto game review

The Wiz

I know a few of these facts are floating around on the GDT but I thought I would condense them plus add a few.

First great game....many records fell tonight.  In addition many great plays and some smart basketball was played. Let's take a look at them

73 pts....largest victory margin ever.

73 pts....Most pts in a half

27 FGs ....most in a half

50 FGs ....Tied for most in a game

127pts....40th time The Bills have scored 100+ pts......2nd most in a game...1st was against Roosevelt with 130 in 1978....A-10 record...134 pts.

6 players with 9+ pts

Yuri with his first back to back double digit assist games.

Now the slash....64/68/56/81....4 A+

Now right here the naysayers are going ..."yeah but"

There is no "yeah but" these are great numbers even if there was no opponent out there. Just great shooting. Sadly these won't count in my report cards (again not D-1) Nor will they show up in most other full season data bases.

And we won't do this at this level against the tougher teams but this game shows some of the potential that my preseason forecast was pointing to.  We are a good team even with Perkins missing.

We are better than most think we are....Now we just need to go out and show them.

BuiltFordBills and CBFan like this

Yes, we are better. The ability and talent is present in the team even without Perkins. Now the  question becomes how best to use this ability. Strickland, Traore, and Williams how are we going to use them, or are we just going to let them sit unused and waste their abilities? How flexible is Ford, really?

52 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I liked Fords comment to his players a couple of weeks ago.  "Make it hard for me to take you out of the game."

And like Rammer said, the "8-man rotation" comment was likely Ford playing 3D chess, lighting a fire under the arses of guys like MS, RW, AL, and LT. I imagine we'll see at least three of those guys play ~almost~ every game. 

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

We are a good team even with Perkins missing.

I feel like it hasn't been emphasized enough that we just came 3 points shy of tying the all time record for points in a game after we lost our best offensive player to an ACL tear.  That's bonkers even if it was against Harris Stowe.  

This team is full of offensive firepower that can still go off if things are working.  I'm worried about half court offense without Perkins, but that's only a concern if we can't get out & run much.  I'm also worried that running & gunning so much could wear Yuri down, but if he's throwing full court passes in transition that lead to dunks then he doesn't even need to run up & down the floor, right?

35 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I feel like it hasn't been emphasized enough that we just came 3 points shy of tying the all time record for points in a game after we lost our best offensive player to an ACL tear.  That's bonkers even if it was against Harris Stowe.  

This team is full of offensive firepower that can still go off if things are working.  I'm worried about half court offense without Perkins, but that's only a concern if we can't get out & run much.  I'm also worried that running & gunning so much could wear Yuri down, but if he's throwing full court passes in transition that lead to dunks then he doesn't even need to run up & down the floor, right?

That is why you have 2 back up pgs.  I am not worried about our half court offense as long as we have guys who can hit the 3.