2021 NIT Bracket Contest

For the first time ever, Billikens.com will (try) to have a NIT Bracket Contest. I have no idea if this plugin will work, but we can give it a go.  With that, the prize is not guaranteed.  But if the plugin does work, the winner will get 6 Bonus Reactions.

To enter,

1. Go to https://www.billikens.com/2021nit/
  2. Click the "Enter your Predictions" button
  3. For your name/nickname, put your Billikens.com username
  4. Enter your email and click submit
  5. Select the winner of each game
    1. The Plugin I am using (Common Ninja) says you can change your predictions, but I don't know how this is done.  So please consider your entry final once picked.
  6. After submitting all your picks, you will be emailed a link to your bracket

The deadline to enter is WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17 at 6pm Central.

Again, I am not 100% sure if this software will work as planned - so my apologies in advance if everything blows up.  

Overall, consider this stupid fun, where it may blow up in our face.

8 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

I am also not going to lie that I feel a little ridiculous that I made what may be the only competitive NIT Bracket on the internet...

The internet is a weird place Steve.  I’d wager this is not the only competitive NIT bracket.

5 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

The internet is a weird place Steve.  I’d wager this is not the only competitive NIT bracket.

You are likely right.  I have seen them in the past. Just wish so few fans invested in the NIT, and fewer teams in the NIT this year, I suspect brackets are pretty rare. 

i'm in.   took me a little bit to figure out how to get the program to work, but i got it.  probably be the first time i took an interest in the NIT since Bonner graduated.

16 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

For the first time ever, Billikens.com will (try) to have a NIT Bracket Contest. I have no idea if this plugin will work, but we can give it a go.  With that, the prize is not guaranteed.  But if the plugin does work, the winner will get 6 Bonus Reactions.

To enter,

1. Go to https://www.billikens.com/2021nit/
  2. Click the "Enter your Predictions" button
  3. For your name/nickname, put your Billikens.com username
  4. Enter your email and click submit
  5. Select the winner of each game
    1. The Plugin I am using (Common Ninja) says you can change your predictions, but I don't know how this is done.  So please consider your entry final once picked.
  6. After submitting all your picks, you will be emailed a link to your bracket

The deadline to enter is WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17 at 6pm Central.

Again, I am not 100% sure if this software will work as planned - so my apologies in advance if everything blows up.  

Overall, consider this stupid fun, where it may blow up in our face.

Thanks steve - really easy to work

38 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Even a caveman (me) could do it.........I have Dayton losing to us in the final FYI.......

That would be fun, but I have Dayton losing in round 1.  Their losses this season to inferior opponents make me think they'll won't really be amped up to play an NIT game.  I also think Memphis is one of the best teams in the field.  Memphis won 10 of their last 13 and the 3 losses (@ SMU, @ Houston, neutral Houston) were by a combined 7 points.  None of the wins are particularly impressive (H - Wichita, H - SMU, and @ Cinci are the best ones), but I still think they're primed for an NIT run.

6 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Bump.

Deadline to enter is 6pm (Central) tonight!  Over 40 people are already entered!  Lets get to 50!

We did it!  51 entries!  Five minutes remaining for you procrastinators. 

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to @SLUMedBilliken15 for winning the inaugural Billikens.com NIT Bracket Prediction Contest.  You beat me by 1 point!!! (Equivalent to 1 first round game).

You have been officially awarded you bonus reactions for your excellent NIT Prediction Skills.

2 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Congratulations to @SLUMedBilliken15 for winning the inaugural Billikens.com NIT Bracket Prediction Contest.  You beat me by 1 point!!! (Equivalent to 1 first round game).

You have been officially awarded you bonus reactions for your excellent NIT Prediction Skills.

@SLUMedBilliken15 is also currently in 2nd place in the NCAA Bracket Contest.  We may have a new Wiz on our hands.

7 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

@SLUMedBilliken15 is also currently in 2nd place in the NCAA Bracket Contest.  We may have a new Wiz on our hands.

He cheated. I saw @SLUMedBilliken15climbing out of a DeLorean right before the brackets locked. He already knew what was gonna happen when he filled out his brackets. I demand a recount! 😉

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this