Semi OT: College Cup Finals

prebilliken

While Chris May continues to struggle in finding a coach for the Billikens, rival Indiana will head to their 14th NCAA Finals to take on Stanford. 

There has been a lot to stomach as a Bills fan this winter. 

7 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

While Chris May continues to struggle in finding a coach for the Billikens, rival Indiana will head to their 14th NCAA Finals to take on Stanford. 

There has been a lot to stomach as a Bills fan this winter. 

I’ve heard Chris May has asked at least 6 coaches. He’s contacted head coaches at Big name conferences which is a waste of time. Bring Kevin Robson back to St Louis 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’ve heard Chris May has asked at least 6 coaches. He’s contacted head coaches at Big name conferences which is a waste of time. Bring Kevin Robson back to St Louis 

Is Kevin Robson coaching somewhere (I know, google Kevin Robson)? He was two years younger then me at Chaminade.

22 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Would the fired Nebraska AD work here? He was big time and maybe being away from a football school would help 

No he had always been a Big 10 guy, so not a good translation there. The number 1-4 job requirement for an athletic director is hiring and retaining good coaches. I think May has been a bit below mediocre at that - he’s had some good hires in some of the other spots and had some really terrible hires in all sports. Jury is still out on the Ford hire, but it looks promising so far. I think to make an AD hire at a school like SLU, I would prefer finding an established athletic director at a lower level, non football school who has shown a track record of hiring successful coaches. Easier said than done of course. 

#5 would be fundraising/glad handing. No idea how May does with that.