Welcome Fred Thatch Jr.!

44 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

What is your opinion of Thatch? Have you seen him play?

i have not seen thatch play.   so i have remained quiet on thatch.   from reports sounds like a nice player.   that said, again, just based on reports and comparisons from people that have seen him play, maybe a notch below the likes of goodwin and french, thus it does puzzle me that we rushed to get a junior verbal from him.   likely lots of time to decide.   but thus far from a recruiting standpoint, ford has been good so i have to assume he knows what he is getting.   

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i have not seen thatch play.   so i have remained quiet on thatch.   from reports sounds like a nice player.   that said, again, just based on reports and comparisons from people that have seen him play, maybe a notch below the likes of goodwin and french, thus it does puzzle me that we rushed to get a junior verbal from him.   likely lots of time to decide.   but thus far from a recruiting standpoint, ford has been good so i have to assume he knows what he is getting.   

Can't have it both ways that we offer kids early but don't want to actually accept verbals from them. Personally I'm thrilled to have kid ranked in the 150-250 range that was getting a lot of interest from programs like Memphis, k-state, Arkansas, etc.

35 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Do players talk to the team before they commit to be sure an offer is still on? I would assume so, just wondering if some of our lower calibur recruits would try to jump on right away while they can

If a kid gets an offer but never hears from the coaching staff after that, they don't really "have an offer." Kids understand this.