Did Colin Cowherd Just Referenced The Billikens?

aj_arete

Arguing the merits of the recruiting class is a ridiculous exercise.

COLIN COWHERD heard secondhand from a 'source' about some unnamed 'big name coach' who purposefully recruited duds. Who in their right mind would automatically associate that ambiguous bullsh!t with Majerus? Not to mention the fact that Cowherd would NEVER embellish a story, misinterpret an offhand/sarcastic remark, or just be plain wrong, right?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ, Crawford committed to SLU under Crews. Note the Indiana connection.

That's fine. I'll go with that. I'll accept that Crews recruited Crawford. I'll accept that Majerus played no role in that 3-player class. Maybe it wasn't Majerus' intention to tank the SLU program.

Arguing the merits of the recruiting class is a ridiculous exercise.

COLIN ###### COWHERD heard secondhand from a 'source' about some unnamed 'big name coach' who purposefully recruited duds. Who in their right mind would automatically associate that ambiguous bullsh!t with Majerus? Not to mention the fact that Cowherd would NEVER embellish a story, misinterpret an offhand/sarcastic remark, or just be plain wrong, right?

Definitely agree with that, but he was told a name. I see I'm all by myself in thinking that he could have been referring to another name. I have no idea who that coach was. I thought my guess had some merit as I'm not aware of a big-name coach who left a program only to see it fall so far. I'm not trying to be a troll, so I'll just leave.

The last three recruits that Majerus signed were Austin McBroom, Jared Drew, and Keith Carter. Before that were Emmanuel Tselentikis, Grandy Glaze, and John Manning.

I don't think RickMa was tanking, but it's difficult to recruit for two years after landing a five-player class. Younger recruits may be reluctant to sign on with a school and have to languish on the bench for two or three years and be a feature player (if they're not recruited over) for only two years or one -- particularly when it's not a team with a 10-year track record of winning big.

That's fine. I'll go with that. I'll accept that Crews recruited Crawford. I'll accept that Majerus played no role in that 3-player class. Maybe it wasn't Majerus' intention to tank the SLU program.

Majerus is coming back to life to chew you and Cowherd out for insinuating he would do such a thing.

Arguing the merits of a carlos McCauley level point guard, carter, shows how far the program has fallen. Carter would only marginally make things better.

He's brilliant.

You lost all credibility right there. He is an idiot. And a racist. I'm guessing you may be the former as well. I hope not the later.

Stick to Mizzou where intelligence is looked down on and racism is championed.

First Kent is not a big name. Second Carter is a mediocre point guard playing in a low mid major conference and is shooting around 30% against subpar competition. Third I wouldn't put it past Majerus to tank a program for his ego

Colin Cowherd probably thinks Keith Carter is better than John Wall.

I used to think you weren't so bad and were undeserving of the criticisms you received. It has become abundantly clear that I was wrong.

I called it a long time ago. He is most deserving of the troll label. This is yet another example. He should stick with SPUMAC.

That's fine. I'll go with that. I'll accept that Crews recruited Crawford. I'll accept that Majerus played no role in that 3-player class. Maybe it wasn't

Majerus' intention to tank the SLU program.

Steve,

Can you start requiring IQ tests for folks that want to post on this website? This guy is a idiot.

First Kent is not a big name. Second Carter is a mediocre point guard playing in a low mid major conference and is shooting around 30% against subpar competition. Third I wouldn't put it past Majerus to tank a program for his ego

I'm wasn't saying that is WAS Kent (and I do doubt this person Cowherd speaks of even exists). However, I do know that when the staff knew they were going to be fired they just didn't care anymore and even overlooked one of their best players being tampered with by another program.

That said, a legend is never going to act so petty and heinous as to destroy a program to make himself look better. For one, they don't need to do that, they're already a legend. Secondly, Majerus had health issues, it wasn't some planned departure on his part and to insunuate he did it is beyond low.

This thread is truly unbelievable. To summarize the key theory being propositioned:

- Majerus intentionally tanked his final recruiting class of Carter and Drew, both of which were signed prior to the breakout NCAA tournament season, because he wanted the SLU program to fall apart after his death.

Words can't express how stupid that theory is.