The Bills over AL A&M by 8

The Wiz

Since neither team has a game till next Sat , I can post this early.

Remember in an earlier post I said when I get to Dec 6 I would be able to switch to a real data model.

Oops......I have enough data on the Bills as planned BUT ALAM has played only 4 D1 games. to this point. Who plays only 4 D1 games in a month? So I have mixed in some of the forecasting model one last time. I should be at full strength for the rest of the season.

So another stinky game against a good (back to B+ ) WSU team. For those wanting a post game analysis go to the WSU thread.

On to ALAM....

The Bills have fallen to C. ALAM is a D+ team but as noted above the Bulldogs final grade is not in yet. If the Bills take this team lightly, they will lose. A&M lost to Murray St on Nov 28....63-61 at Murray St. . While this isn't as good a team as past MSU teams (C+ ). They are better than SLU. So there is the warning..Don't take this team lightly. An additional note, the MSU game was their last game...They have a 2 week layoff by the time they play the Bills.

Here is what we need to do to win....

Slashlines

AM....39% / 29%

SLU..47 / 35 / 70

SLU reb...35+ AND out reb AM

TOs...13 or less for SLU...protect the ball

Bottomline.......If the "real " Bills show up we should win this game handily. If not..many more handwringing threads will appear.

I can see the Bills winning the next four (although Carbondale is 8 and 1). Even doing that it will not mask the problems this team still seems to have.

The next 4 games are....D+ D- C+ B-...so yes a chance to sweep...however no easy ones except Tenn -Mtn... Should be 4-0 im the next 2 weeks...however if they play like 1st half Morehead then 1-3

I can see the Bills winning the next four (although Carbondale is 8 and 1). Even doing that it will not mask the problems this team still seems to have.

I'll prep for MB to bang his Crews drum one last time before we get crushed by real teams

Also what are the actual odds we win the next four games? Wiz? Four games in a row, even vs. no ones (see our 4-0 start) and I might have a glass of kool-aid myself before we get dismantled again. Crews sucks

I'll prep for MB to bang his Crews drum one last time before we get crushed by real teams

Also what are the actual odds we win the next four games? Wiz? Four games in a row, even vs. no ones (see our 4-0 start) and I might have a glass of kool-aid myself before we get dismantled again. Crews sucks

We will be favored in the next 3 games....if we win them by the spread we will be favored in the 4th game (SIU-C)....so the chances are fairly good.

We've scored 57, 46, and 53 points our last three games

These point totals are against some pretty good competition....A+ ( final 4 type team) , B- and B+....We were able to hang with them all for awhile and then had blackouts in all the games where we had no points for an extended period of time. We will have more points in the next 4 games

The next 4 games are....D+ D- C+ B-...so yes a chance to sweep...however no easy ones except Tenn -Mtn... Should be 4-0 im the next 2 weeks...however if they play like 1st half Morehead then 1-3

I can't imagine them playing like 1st half Morehead and beating anyone. Even Rockhurst could beat you if you just hand the ball off to them one out of every two trips down the court.

I can't imagine them playing like 1st half Morehead and beating anyone. Even Rockhurst could beat you if you just hand the ball off to them one out of every two trips down the court.

Rockhurst doesn't have the athletes to stop our best athletes from getting where they want to on the floor. It's like a college wide receiver. He may be able to run right past a D- defensive back but against a B+ defender he's going to have to master some basic routes.

Since neither team has a game till next Sat , I can post this early.

Remember in an earlier post I said when I get to Dec 6 I would be able to switch to a real data model.

Oops......I have enough data on the Bills as planned BUT ALAM has played only 4 D1 games. to this point. Who plays only 4 D1 games in a month? So I have mixed in some of the forecasting model one last time. I should be at full strength for the rest of the season.

So another stinky game against a good (back to B+ ) WSU team. For those wanting a post game analysis go to the WSU thread.

On to ALAM....

The Bills have fallen to C. ALAM is a D+ team but as noted above the Bulldogs final grade is not in yet. If the Bills take this team lightly, they will lose. A&M lost to Murray St on Nov 28....63-61 at Murray St. . While this isn't as good a team as past MSU teams (C+ ). They are better than SLU. So there is the warning..Don't take this team lightly. An additional note, the MSU game was their last game...They have a 2 week layoff by the time they play the Bills.

Here is what we need to do to win....

Slashlines

AM....39% / 29%

SLU..47 / 35 / 70

SLU reb...35+ AND out reb AM

TOs...13 or less for SLU...protect the ball

Bottomline.......If the "real " Bills show up we should win this game handily. If not..many more handwringing threads will appear.

Nice game for the Bills...was it perfect ...no...but still a nice game...did a lot of things right.

Let's look at the numbers...........

.................Predicted...................Actual

ALAM..........39%/ 29%...........37%/ 33%................Overall pass

SLU............47%/ 35%/70%.....41%/ 41%/ 82%.....Overall pass

.................Reb..... 35.....................44.......................Pass+

..................TO 13............................17......................Fail

Wait .......were there some typos in those stats ...82%??...44?? No those are real

We pretty much did what we were supposed to do on the 2 slashlines which account for the 8 pt spread ...but where did those extra 9 points come from....believe it or not ...foul shooting....The Bills doubled ALAM in FT%...82 to 41...which meant an extra 4 points for the Bills and 5 less for ALAM....and Voila...9 extra points.....and how about those rebounds.....,did I say 44. The only downer was the TOs...17 is still too many....we are averaging over 18/ gm in the last 3 games. Not acceptable. You can get away with it on lower tier teams but that won't fly with good teams. We need to hold TOs to 13 or less.

Bottomline...Good effort...did a lot of good things...need to build on this victory and create some momentum.

Hello Wiz, two stats that I thought should be considered. We had 19 assists during this game, highest number of assists in a game so far this season. I like to follow the assists number as a proxy for how well the team is playing together (selfishness vs unselfishness type score). This is good, particularly if the trend for increasing assists per game continues. We also had the highest number of steals in a game this season, 9. We also out rebounded them. Yes, it was a good game

Another interesting fact about this game is that by Wiz estimates the margin of victory by SLU, provided we played reasonably well, was 8. By teamrankings the margin of victory by SLU (Vegas inspired) was fixed around 6. We won by 18, much better than the estimates.