Tim Ream/USMNT

moytoy12

I didn't see the game, but sounds like he was impressive as the USMNT's LB v. Peru. I've been a supporter of trying him at LB, so I'm glad to see it worked out at least for 1 game. The USMNT plays Brazil tonight and if TR plays another solid game at LB tonight he might become a fixture there for the team.

I didn't see the game, but sounds like he was impressive as the USMNT's LB v. Peru. I've been a supporter of trying him at LB, so I'm glad to see it worked out at least for 1 game. The USMNT plays Brazil tonight and if TR plays another solid game at LB tonight he might become a fixture there for the team.

He's received nearly universal praise for the Peru game. Outside back spot has been a problem spot for the USMNT for awhile, and LB has been filled by guys who were out of position. Definitely a big test tonight, but he could solidify his place moving forward if he performs well. Awesome to see for a local who is also a good guy.

He's getting smoked back there so far. Bedoya did him no favors, though. None of them can keep up with Brazil's lightning fast players, especially Willian. Hopefully they redeem themselves in the second half. Ream made some nice plays but overall they're being barraged.

The whole team is getting smoked. Brazil is so damn fast up top...the counters are lightning quick and you put in a bit of touch and control from anyone on Brazil's team, you've got quite a load to deal with in your defensive third. Too many unforced turnovers have led to some of those counters putting the defense in a truly difficult position. First goal was off a Yedlin turnover and then Bradley helped out on the fourth goal with an errant pass at the half-line. Centerbacks have been worse than the outside backs in my opinion....but to be fair, those two centerbacks are playing together for the first time.....they look beat though.

Ream is still providing a secondary option to consider behind Beasley and Johnson at this point. Don't think the Beas will make 2018 WC so Ream has a shot at providing depth at left back.

Wow....Danny Williams just hammered one from about 30 yards out into the goal....4-1. Assist from Ream.

That was an impressive screamer at the end there from Williams.

But a rough night for Ream. Got beat for that third goal (pretty move, though; would've been hard to stop no matter what), and had a gaffe that led to a late Neymar free kick, and thankfully not a fifth goal.

No one had a good night. He played at the level the whole team did.

Over on the U.S. Soccer boards, most agree Ream was one of the only players to not look horrible tonight. I can agree with that, as he didn't get beat inside, and he was isolated on Rafinha's goal (plus that was a classy finish).

Plus he technically got an assist on the goal!

Yep, over on ESPNFC, he was one of the higher rated players, although at a 4.5, that's not saying much for the team. I realize his first step speed is not the quickest but did anyone see him track back in the second half on a 25-30 yard sprint to close down a Brazilian midfielder as they tried to counter? That was exactly the type of speed he does have. He didn't have any bad turnovers till very late when he misplayed a settle I believe. Otherwise, he was steady enough to continue to be in the picture. Plus he had Bedoya playing as def mid to the right and Zardes playing wing in front of him.....that's not the greatest supporting cast in terms of defense. Put Besler to his immediate left at center back, Beckerman at D-mid, and Fabian Johnson at wing and you have a nice left hand side of the pitch for the US.

Agreed on the soccer boards.....most are positive on him as a left back option. What I'd like to see him do is hit those 30 yard bullets across the field like he did at SLU regularly.

The pass that set up the PK was amazing.

We just don't have anyone that can control procession against top quality opponents. Twellman kept bringing it up last night as it was just glaring.

We have a team full of holding/defensive mids. No one with the confidence and ability to attack defenders and create from the midfield. I know people like to see Bradley as a creative mid, and maybe he's the best we have. But just watch our players ... all of them with the ball under pressure they just seem fidgety. It seems every time we receive a pass the first instinct is to turn it back rather than upfield.

We have a team full of holding/defensive mids. No one with the confidence and ability to attack defenders and create from the midfield. I know people like to see Bradley as a creative mid, and maybe he's the best we have. But just watch our players ... all of them with the ball under pressure they just seem fidgety. It seems every time we receive a pass the first instinct is to turn it back rather than upfield.

It's just crazy to me, that with how much trouble we continue to have with solving the puzzle that is opposing back lines, that JK refuses to bring in the best American playmakers. Leaving Feilhaber at home is wild to me.

It also doesn't help that our two most athletic fullbacks, which is what we needed v Brazil ( that and a new CB pairing), are either injured (Fabian) or paying higher up the pitch (Yedlin).

The laziness Jones displayed at holding midfield was remarkable, and I'm usually a defender of Jones