International Trip

Tonka

You just take the trip every 4 years if you have the funding. It's that simple. Every team can benefit from extra practice and game exposure. You don't push that off. The goal is to make the tournament every year. If you want to make negative posts, I think there is a designated thread for that.

It is foolish to operate like that.

Those games are an assest. Kwyjibo had post on how much better those games make a team at the start of the season after we made the Canada trip. You don't waste an assest that big in a year you have no chance of making the tournament.

The only reason you make the trip this year is because people want a paid vacation.

I recall hearing that Majerus had to spend some of his own pocket change to go to Canada. A high ranking source has told me a pre-season trip is being worked for 2015-16. I got the feeling it was the Bahamas or somewhere in that general vicinity. They also said we are working a holiday tournament much better than the one last year (what wouldn't be). Problem is the one they want is in conflict with our semester finals and the administration is not inclined to sacrifice the education values over the athletic values for this. So that issue was "stay tuned."

I know there was some other grief over Harriman and trips down under. Both this and the situation above are likely attributable to Biondisms. I believe Majerus was lured in with outspoken claims of 1000% commitment in getting our program to the next level and then many of those were reneged on by the good Father. Majerus' last real class of valued recruits went out the door with graduation last year. I, for one, believe Rick would have followed right behind.

I think even with the current roster, if we had a dedicated Majerus at the helm, we might have been/will be alright. Crews, based on this year, is not.

The smart thing to do is to delay the trip for one year for two reasons. First, if Crews is still the coach that means progress was made and the team will be in a spot where the boost those games can give you could make a difference. Second, if next season sucks it will give the new coach a head start with the team.

The smart thing to do is to delay the trip for one year for two reasons. First, if Crews is still the coach that means progress was made and the team will be in a spot where the boost those games can give you could make a difference. Second, if next season sucks it will give the new coach a head start with the team.

-this makes a lot of sense

I totally disagree with this. It's very important to get next season off to a good start. The nucleus of the team will be the freshmen. Give them extra practice. Who knows we might even have enough time to come up with an inbounds play. I believe this group will win with more time, so give them more time.

I totally disagree with this. It's very important to get next season off to a good start. The nucleus of the team will be the freshmen. Give them extra practice. Who knows we might even have enough time to come up with an inbounds play. I believe this group will win with more time, so give them more time.

Agree. Too many unknowns in the situation. Go with the plan and make changes accordingly. We cannot bank on a new coach or Tatum