GDT: win this one for Dr. P

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a bit harsh to say these guys suck. None of the freshman came in heralded as 5 star can't miss nba prospects. This is really the type of season most people expected. Flashes of brilliance sprinkled over mediocre to sometimes decent play. Now if there's no progression from this year to next year, then it's time to re-evaluate. These guys are getting worn down, it's near the end of the season and they're playing against other people that have had 2 or 3 years of being in a college weight training program and are used to playing physical ball.

Another Jim Crews chokejob special..but you all still want him. Nothing like giving up a 10-0 run to lose and end a game. And he clearly has caused MY to regress.

Crews didnt make ash slip TWICE at the end.

Crews didnt make Marcus make SHite passes.

Im still trying to figure out why people are sold on MB.

Not saying anything for or against MB. But if I'm making this statement, I'm replacing MB with JC. So now no one trusts that these freshmen are just taking their lumps, and will learn to finish i.e. win over next 3 seasons, a la 10-11 class? Flip flopping every game. We look like . Our best players are still freshmen. If I'm pointin fingers watching us play 'offense' it's at the head coach.

Crews didnt make ash slip TWICE at the end.

Crews didnt make Marcus make SHite passes.

He didn't coach them up to not make said mistakes either. Or have different sets and gameplans to avoid that. Or call timeouts to rally em up..etc. At the end of the day, the coach is responsible. Look at Kentucky. They should've lost tonight and many other games and are rather overrated. But in crunch time the right players, right sets and right calls are made because they have a skilled coach even if he is a cheating slimeball with recruiting. But he knows how to get the best out of his guys when it counts

I think it's a bit harsh to say these guys suck. None of the freshman came in heralded as 5 star can't miss nba prospects. This is really the type of season most people expected. Flashes of brilliance sprinkled over mediocre to sometimes decent play. Now if there's no progression from this year to next year, then it's time to re-evaluate. These guys are getting worn down, it's near the end of the season and they're playing against other people that have had 2 or 3 years of being in a college weight training program and are used to playing physical ball.

well said.

Its the upper classmen that are aggravating

Look at the post where everyone submitted their picks for how many games we would win. Only one person thought under 15 I think. Everyone else had at least 18-21. No one expected to be this bad and lose to Fordham.

Bingo.. Reading people jump down MY, or now MB, throat the last 3-4 games is pretty annoying. At least for me, when you watch and see that NO ONE on the team ever has any consistancy. We look like we're just throwing at the wall each and every possession.

Frankly I am still shocked at all the optimism. I thought we showed more flashes early in the season. Aren't players supposed to get better with coaching and play at a higher level toward the end of the season. I honestly don't know what we are doing out there. But my patience ran out with the Fordham game. Our rpi is 250+ and we absolutely deserve it

Bingo.. Reading people jump down MY, or now MB, throat the last 3-4 games is pretty annoying. At least for me, when you watch and see that NO ONE on the team ever has any consistancy. We look like we're just throwing ###### at the wall each and every possession.

Yea. So isn't that on Crews?

Look at the post where everyone submitted their picks for how many games we would win. Only one person thought under 15 I think. Everyone else had at least 18-21. No one expected to be this bad and lose to Fordham.

Sorry, I wasn't posting back then but i do remember reading the thread....I believe it was before anyone had actually seen the incoming freshmen play a single minute of college ball correct? If your rage is because you and many others incorrectly assumed that a bunch of 3 star freshmen would continue the streak of making the tournament, that makes it their fault?

No one in their right mind thought that Manning would lead the team, the loss of Glaze hurts their rebounding and overall attitude of the team, McBroom wins at instagram and Ash had a year off. What did you see from last years freshmen that made you think they'd be world beaters after all the playing time they garnered?

Sorry, I wasn't posting back then but i do remember reading the thread....I believe it was before anyone had actually seen the incoming freshmen play a single minute of college ball correct? If your rage is because you and many others incorrectly assumed that a bunch of 3 star freshmen would continue the streak of making the tournament, that makes it their fault?

No one in their right mind thought that Manning would lead the team, the loss of Glaze hurts their rebounding and overall attitude of the team, McBroom wins at instagram and Ash had a year off. What did you see from last years freshmen that made you think they'd be world beaters after all the playing time they garnered?

As dumb as it seems in hindsight, yes many, including myself, were very optimistic. We thought being outside the top 144 was a joke. We thought 9th in conference was disrespectful. As I said, no one expected to be this bad.

Frankly I am still shocked at all the optimism. I thought we showed more flashes early in the season. Aren't players supposed to get better with coaching and play at a higher level toward the end of the season. I honestly don't know what we are doing out there. But my patience ran out with the Fordham game. Our rpi is 250+ and we absolutely deserve it

They are getting WORSE because Crews doesn't have a clue...and never has. Think back to last year. So many close almost losses. Only reason we pulled any out was because Jett took over and did it himself. Crews didn't have a clue then either. Players are REGRESSING

Jesus Christ that was brutal. I don't see us winning another game. Our offense (and I use the term loosely) consists of throwing the ball around in the backcourt until we either lose it or the shot clock runs out. Our coaches can't seem to find a way or the personnel to get the ball inside and we can't make a damn jump shot from anywhere. I never thought this season would be this damn bad.

I'm real close to wanting a new coach.

Optimism is great, but we're really playing with a team of 9 freshmen at this point. If they're just as bad next year, then it's time to question Crews on not only his recruiting but also his ability to coach. I personally think that letting the team play it out helps them grow much more than coddling them through the season. Maybe we eek out a few more wins this year if Crews is micro managing things, but that does't change the fact that the season is a wash. Letting them see first hand how their actions are responsible for their losses is a much more effective method of teaching in my eyes.