Last 18 Seconds

slufan13

-I thought the inbounds pass to the other end of the floor so routinely being used this season was setting up a play at the basket, not so much

-I too thought a quick basket and go from there but once the pass went to the top of the other key I figured we were going for 3........or something

I may be the only one but given where we had to inbound the ball, the play was drawn up perfectly. A few minor things such as the foot on the line and how it was so far in the corner was a bummer but the Japanese kid got lost and it looked like there was contact, had he not been 6'8 we may have only lost by 1!

I may be the only one but given where we had to inbound the ball, the play was drawn up perfectly. A few minor things such as the foot on the line and how it was so far in the corner was a bummer but the Japanese kid got lost and it looked like there was contact, had he not been 6'8 we may have only lost by 1!

The final play was drawn up perfectly. And per Durando, Crews said that Crawford came up with that on the spot.

But I was saying the the first 17 seconds of the play resulted in nothing and I'd have rather gotten a quick 2 pointer.

The final play was drawn up perfectly. And per Durando, Crews said that Crawford came up with that on the spot.

But I was saying the the first 17 seconds of the play resulted in nothing and I'd have rather gotten a quick 2 pointer.

I completely I agree with you, just noting that after digging ourselves in a massive hole that was a nice play.

Agreed.

Plus Crawford foot was on the line. Imagine if he made that shot and we still lost. Lol

I unless my memory is failing me, on December 6, 2003, SLU lost to Arizona by 1 point (68-67) at Scottrade (Savvis?) when Reggie Bryant made a 2 pointer with his foot on the line.

I unless my memory is failing me, on December 6, 2003, SLU lost to Arizona by 1 point (68-67) at Scottrade (Savvis?) when Reggie Bryant made a 2 pointer with his foot on the line.

Depressing game. Your memory is correct. Reggie made a 2, a couple players thought it was a 3 so there were no fouls when Arizona inbounded and time ran out. Arizona was a top 10 team with Andre Iguadala, Channing Frye, Salim Stoudamire, and Hassan Adams. And SLU had Reggie Bryant, Unconcussed Tom Frericks, Izik, and a young Drejaj.

Soderberg was always good about playing good teams close in St Louis. He was also good at playing bad teams close.

There seemed to be much confusion during that time. Nobody wanted to take the shot - any shot. Of course the fact that all our time outs were used up - not complaining - probably added to the helter skelter appearance.

Reminded me a bit of this:

Confusion even during the Majerus era. :)

Depressing game. Your memory is correct. Reggie made a 2, a couple players thought it was a 3 so there were no fouls when Arizona inbounded and time ran out. Arizona was a top 10 team with Andre Iguadala, Channing Frye, Salim Stoudamire, and Hassan Adams. And SLU had Reggie Bryant, Unconcussed Tom Frericks, Izik, and a young Drejaj.

Soderberg was always good about playing good teams close in St Louis. He was also good at playing bad teams close.

Yep. Arizona had brought along their mascot and maybe even a couple of cheerleaders which I remember thinking was really odd for a road team, but I guess that's what the big boys do. Josh Fisher & Chris Sloan were also key members of that team which was SLU's last NIT team.

What I like most about this is that Crawford wanted the big shot.

Agreed, I was hoping he would become a little more aggressive going into this season. He's seemed to shy away at times.