The next 5 games

ACE

The next 5 games are key to how the rest of the season will shape up. Five consecutive home games to end the non-conference portion of the schedule. There is a real opportunity to win them all. I like the way it sets up with Vandy being the last one. This is a chance to build some momentum and see some improvement heading into conference play. We could be 10-3. My modest goal for this season has been the CBI or CIT and that goal would still be attainable.

As we have seen so far (Texas CC and the near loss to NC A&T) we can lose to just about anybody, so we need to avoid a stumble prior to the Vandy game. We remain a work in progress, but this will be a good time to start developing more consistency.

Vandy looks more dangerous this year. The other 4 are winnable. Getting the Vandy win would be a nice New Years present and a power conference victory that does look good on a CBI or CIT eye test. However Vermont just took Harvard to double OT, so they could be a test too. If Harvard is a good as they are supposed to be despite some stumbles.

The next 5 games are key to how the rest of the season will shape up. Five consecutive home games to end the non-conference portion of the schedule. There is a real opportunity to win them all. I like the way it sets up with Vandy being the last one. This is a chance to build some momentum and see some improvement heading into conference play. We could be 10-3. My modest goal for this season has been the CBI or CIT and that goal would still be attainable.

As we have seen so far (Texas CC and the near loss to NC A&T) we can lose to just about anybody, so we need to avoid a stumble prior to the Vandy game. We remain a work in progress, but this will be a good time to start developing more consistency.

We are not eligible for the CIT.

The 3 big games are Vandy, Vermont, and SDSU. All three would be favored against us on a neutral court as of today. Vandy by a decent amount. We need to find a way to take two out of of those three. It won't be easy.

We are not eligible for the CIT.

The 3 big games are Vandy, Vermont, and SDSU. All three would be favored against us on a neutral court as of today. Vandy by a decent amount. We need to find a way to take two out of of those three. It won't be easy.

How do they determine the CIT? What are the differences between the two?

Vandy looks more dangerous this year. The other 4 are winnable. Getting the Vandy win would be a nice New Years present and a power conference victory that does look good on a CBI or CIT eye test. However Vermont just took Harvard to double OT, so they could be a test too. If Harvard is a good as they are supposed to be despite some stumbles.

Vandy and Vermont will definitely be tougher games than most would think.

Again, welcome to the board. And I believe someone already mentioned you need thick skin to post here...

Vandy and Vermont will definitely be tougher games than most would think.

Again, welcome to the board. And I believe someone already mentioned you need thick skin to post here...

Thanks. And yea, teams that have multiple offensive players creating their own shots ) and the 6'8 power forward tight end types with all muscle endlessly torment us. Vandy has some of that this year, and vermont has some snipers. And we never seem to find those players ourselves.... What I would give for just one 6'8 athlete buried on Kansas or Kentucky's bench..

Thanks. And yea, teams that have multiple offensive players creating their own shots ) and the 6'8 power forward tight end types with all muscle endlessly torment us. Vandy has some of that this year, and vermont has some snipers. And we never seem to find those players ourselves.... What I would give for just one 6'8 athlete buried on Kansas or Kentucky's bench..

About to bury your face into a headlock.

Still think/hope RA is one of these.

Roid rage much?

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19105&p=236212

Multiple guys called Cushirishbill out as Postcard about 5 years ago. ( http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19110&hl= )

The troll on stltoday is a big Irish fan. This guy went out of his way to talk about the stltoday forums.

Same guy?

SLU plays SIUE. That will be good game to see where our offense is heading. Central Michigan scored 94 points against them Saturday and allowed 61. Is Central Michigan a team that is a lot better then SLU?

Yes ...CMU (C+ ) is better than us. But we should still beat SIU-E by a goodly margin.

SLU...D+

The 5 upcoming opponents are as follows.........

SDS.....C

SIU-E....F

UTPA....F+

Vt..........C+

Vandy...B

These are subject to change but it gets more difficult to move as each week goes by.

"F+???"

Is there such a thing as an F-?

Lol....Yes, I decided to create some sub categories as not all F teams are the same. UTPA is much better than NCAT even though they are both fails.....So yes again ....NCAT is an F-. SIU-E ( F ) is better than NCAT but not as good as UTPA. These are minor distinctions that become more important when you are a D+ team.