UMass by 2 1/2 over Bills

Once again the VCPoo fools have nothing better to do than taut their greatness. Something tells me we are the first people to ever give them attention in their whole lives. They need to come back because we're all they have. I'd hate to shun Mudflaps and his posse because I don't want to be the reason he slits his wrists at night.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again the VCPoo fools have nothing better to do than taut their greatness. Something tells me we are the first people to ever give them attention in their whole lives. They need to come back because we're all they have. I'd hate to shun Mudflaps and his posse because I don't want to be the reason he slits his wrists at night.

After Chaz splits your butthole tomorrow, you won't have "last year's title" to hold over us anymore.

Then we have a date in Brooklyn. Your boys better get it together, I don't want anybody else in the championship game.

Prolly my last post of the day. To you BigMouth, I can only give you some :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your posts contain no actual basketball content. Did you just watch that HAVOC? 17 steals? Slamma Jamma's all over the place. Gotta give the Bonnies credit for hanging in there so long, but at some point most everyone wears out. I pray we get you in the tourney and don't have to go up against Dayton. You're circling the drain while everyone else is stepping up to the table.

You think you can beat what you saw tonight with your two best players busted up and no bench??? This is a really bad time of the year to be stumbling into the A10 tourney. Lot of hungry teams ready for a big night. Very interested to see who's 8/9 seed. Haven't checked it out yet. Gotta look that up.

Dayton is playing killer basketball and likely just locked a 6th A10 bid. Stomping Richmond like that is no easy task. Thanks to you guys for getting our 6th in the tourney. That's huge!

Nobody wants to play those guys right now. Nobody. I'd rather see us have the 4 seed than the 3 and have to play Dayton. Give us GW anytime.

Tell me some more interesting things about BB BigMouth. We have the guy that is going to be the all time steals leader in the HISTORY of the NCAA on our team. We have a freshman PG that's going to be raining 3's for 3 more years. We have a freight train that's only a Jr who has a real shot at taking VCU's all time scoring record (currently held by Eric Maynor-76ers) Trey will be an NBA player because he can drop the long 3 and bang with the 4's.

We have 3 4 stars coming in next year and they don't even need to be starters becasue we're already loaded without them. One of them is top 30. 3 are in the top 100. Those kind of players are what makes a program chug along year after year.

Oh, and we also have a guy named Troy Daniels (we like to call him Buzz) that is now playing with the Houston Rockets. Hit the first shot he saw in the NBA Wed. A 26 footer. He set an all time D-league season record for 3's this year. You might also remember this guy destroying everyone in the NCAA 3 point challenge in the Spring.

That's 3 in the NBA now. Another couple on the way shortly. That's why Shaka likely would turn down the DOOK job too. We paid him, and watched him become one of the best coaches in the country (and he graduates almost all his guys) and the top HS players that he chooses that will fit HIS team are wanting to come.

Go the Big East next year. Please. We don't want our RPI messed up having to play SLU.

Yeah, like the guys above said "ban them." I've seen name calling, cursing and physical threats on this board. I've seen you eat your own posters and your own team. I've never called anyone a name here or used abusive language. This board comes pretty close to being as bad as Mason's board. They don't post so much anymore though...

That is all.

PS: I can say WE because I donate to the program and the school and have for 28 years since I graduated.

Typical SLU bullies.

Can dish it out, but can't take it.

With your team's approach to the fine game of basketball, I'd be embarrassed to be a VCU alum, though, that could never have happened, coming out of high school they would make me a professor there rather than a student.

But, again, how embarrassing to back a team of thugs that play helmet to helmet crash "D", look great when the refs let it go, but struggle when the refs call it fair, by the book, oops, can't get away with smacking people.

Root for you team, OK, but to go on an honest, fair, ethical team's internet board and troll with a team like you have, that's weak, pathetic.

And, oh, hypocrite-fraud-nutcase Spike Lee, your newfound # 1 fan, should be there for the A-10 Tourney. That says a lot about your culture.

If you make it to the final game with us, national TV, the refs have to call fouls when they are fouls, you will be countered by our very physical team that plays fair, not dirty. It will be a basketball game, not a mugging.

We will outsmart you, be more physical than you, and pound you into dust as we usually do.

With your team's approach to the fine game of basketball, I'd be embarrassed to be a VCU alum, though, that could never have happened, coming out of high school they would make me a professor there rather than a student.

But, again, how embarrassing to back a team of thugs that play helmet to helmet crash "D", look great when the refs let it go, but struggle when the refs call it fair, by the book, oops, can't get away with smacking people.

Root for you team, OK, but to go on an honest, fair, ethical team's internet board and troll with a team like you have, that's weak, pathetic.

And, oh, hypocrite-fraud-nutcase Spike Lee, your newfound # 1 fan, should be there for the A-10 Tourney. That says a lot about your culture.

If you make it to the final game with us, national TV, the refs have to call fouls when they are fouls, you will be countered by our very physical team that plays fair, not dirty. It will be a basketball game, not a mugging.

We will outsmart you, be more physical than you, and pound you into dust as we usually do.

I'll hold you to that last part.

As I promised earlier, when you beat us, I stick around and take my lumps. I'd suggest you do the same when you lose(and that crash D did take care of you on our floor where we are undefeated this year.)

Just friendly jabbing is all. You all do it. I do it back. Not going to be punked.

Stop taking internet boards so seriously. I've told you I am not trying to be an ######, just paying it back as I get it.

I want SLU at its best. I want SLU to bring it in the A10 tourney. It will make the victory all the sweeter.

And for what it's worth, I hope you go deep in the NCAAS.

As Wes Mantooth once said, "I hate you, but damn do I respect you."

As I promised earlier, when you beat us, I stick around and take my lumps. I'd suggest you do the same when you lose(and that crash D did take care of you on our floor where we are undefeated this year.)"

You lose and stick around our board annoying everyone as if it's some noble gesture. We lose and we are expected to.. Wait for it.. Stick around our board and listen to you drone on some more..

This game is very winnable if we can pull ourselves together. The Dayton game was the 3rd loss where we were winning at the half and couldn't hold on...one of the things we did best during the winning streak was finish...we need to focus just a little more. As I pointed out in the Dayton thread, the stats weren't too bad...we were 1 off in a bunch of categories. In a possible 1 possession game we need to do 1 more of "something"....bring our stats up just a tad....focus.

Here is what the Bills ( A- ) need to do to beat UMass ( A- )....

Take care of the basics especially in a close game...44%FG...71%.FT...3pt 32%

3pt D.....hold them to 25%....4 made....11att....2 of 3

Hold Williams to 13pts

Hold Lalanne and Davis (hint -his name is Trey) to 28% from the arc

Evans needs to score 13.....Jett ....double figures

We need to start winning....a 10 game winning streak starts with one..

Go Bills

I think the best part of this post was...

"This will come down to who wants it more....the last possession may decide it."

What a game...it wasn't pretty but I'll take it ...the Humphrey's crowd was pretty excited.

So let's see what happened..........

......................................Predicted..................Actual

The Basics......................................................................

...FG%...............................44...........................44.6%.........check

...FT%................................71............................63...............miss

...3pt%................................32...........................15,4............dismal

3ptD...............................................................................

..%.......................................25%.........................25%..........Bingo

..made..................................4...............................4..............double bingo

..att.......................................11.............................16............miss

..2 of 3...................................................................................check

Hold Williams.........................13pts.......................20pts.........miss

Hold Lalanne&Davis on 3's....28%.........................0 (0-1).......double check...a big part of their offense shut down

Evans.....................................13pts........................14pts........check

Jett..........................................Double figures..........17pts.......check

More checks than misses means a good day for the Bills

In reality, we should have had a couple of more 3's and FTs (8pts) for a double digit win. Defense (again) saved the day. But as I said earlier, I will take it. Let's rest and heal up and then take the tourney.

1 down.....9 to go

Bet you're happy to be wrong on this. As I said in the GDT, Manning was a breath of fresh air for the Bills today.

I am. I'm really happy we won...felt great. I thought John had his best game of the season. If he has shown an ability to do anything, it has been the aspect of blocking and changing shots at the rim. Today, he ran the floor well and did some other nice things and like I said, I thought he had his best all around game of the year.

We need some real improvement out of him though, because taking his entire body of work into account, it has been a big let down. He has shown little improvement year over year, especially when it comes to court sense and anything on the offensive end, alarming considering he is now late in his junior year. To put it another way, if you would have told me 2 years ago that I would be delighted/shocked with this performance today, it would have made me sad. He needs to develop a lot in the off season because we will be relying on him considerably next year.

Baby steps though...he stepped up today and we needed it, because I thought Rob had one of his softer games this year (that's saying something) and several gaffes. We needed a spark from Manning and to a lesser extend, Glaze off the bench. Most of all, Jett and Evans looked thankfully, closer to normal...especially down the stretch.

Manning put together another solid game. The dude has been pretty solid on the defensive end this year. If he has a Conklin summer, watch out.

Dude...I hope so. If he has a Conklin summer, what's his ceiling? Matt Baniak? I'd take that.