SLU at UMass-Sold Out

kwyjibo

UMass does not sell out many of their games (one or two times even in a good year) but his year they have sold out 3 I think. Anyway, the SLU game is by the far the EARLIEST sell out they have had in many years. It was sold out two weeks in advance. I will be there but I will not have a good seat on my own.

UMass does not sell out many of their games (one or two times even in a good year) but his year they have sold out 3 I think. Anyway, the SLU game is by the far the EARLIEST sell out they have had in many years. It was sold out two weeks in advance. I will be there but I will not have a good seat on my own.

Not the earliest. VCU @UMass sold out a month prior. Maybe this will fuel the hate everyone has for VCU on here, even more.

All of our home games are our biggest home games. That's why we've sold every game out for 3 years. And yes, there will be much extra excitement for this one. The Peppas and the infamous (here) Pav will be in full tilt. Gonna be a war. Can't wait to watch. I don't think you guys will be a blowout for us like many on the VCU board do. Your guys handle themselves very well on the road obviously.

No bogus talk about refs afterward. Deal? The refs are starting to get the balance and let the game play in most cases. In the NCAA tourney, you won't see a lot of inside fouls called. The dance is brutal.

Not the earliest. VCU @UMass sold out a month prior. Maybe this will fuel the hate everyone has for VCU on here, even more.

Why hate us? We gave you an nice RPI bump as did you for us even though we lost. Now playing Fordham will drop us at least 3 spots Thursday even if we blow em out by 30. We are the 2 teams in the league that anyone is talking about as it should be. If we beat you guys, it will get us back those 3 spots and maybe a couple of more. Home wins only count .6 of a win. The only saviour of the Fordham game is that at least we get the 1.4 in the formula because it's away. Still, it will lower our RPI.

All of our home games are our biggest home games. That's why we've sold every game out for 3 years. And yes, there will be much extra excitement for this one. The Peppas and the infamous (here) Pav will be in full tilt. Gonna be a war. Can't wait to watch. I don't think you guys will be a blowout for us like many on the VCU board do. Your guys handle themselves very well on the road obviously.

No bogus talk about refs afterward. Deal? The refs are starting to get the balance and let the game play in most cases. In the NCAA tourney, you won't see a lot of inside fouls called. The dance is brutal.

http://giphy.com/gifs/7Uv8SXZAkshBC

Speaking of sellout road games, VCU is apparently pretty excited to play us https://sites.google.com/site/vcurowdyrams/shakaville

I guess it only makes sense that they were our biggest home game, and we are theirs.

HUGE motivational advantages for VCU in this game:

• we clinched A-10 regular season championship and A-10 bye... looking ahead to A-10 Tourney and NCAA's
  • home revenge game for VCU.. it matters, we beat them already, natural for them to be fired up and we are not quite as motivated
  • VCU playing for A-10 bye (we have it)
  • VCU playing to for NCAA Tourney resume, beat # 10 team. (whereas we are a lock)

Even with tiny little overrated Shaka coaching, VCU has a huge situational advantage and can beat us.

VCU will be a 6 point, maybe 7 point favorite.

I like it. It's what big time college basketball should be all about. To paraphrase NYC son Frankie ".... if we can make it there we can make it anywhere." Consider it prepping for March. VCU needs it for their psychoilogical well-being. A win would be one hellava hoot!