Cousy Award

slufan13

Award for the Nation's Top Point Guard. 24 Finalists. Jordair is not one of them. Say what you want about JJ not being a true point guard, but he is averaging 5 assists a game. That's a top 50 number in the country. There are also other players on this list who aren't necessarily a true PG.

Kyle Anderson, UCLA

Keith Appling, Michigan State

Eric Atkins, Notre Dame

Jason Brickman, LIU Brooklyn

Jahii Carson, Arizona State

Siyani Chambers, Harvard

Justin Cobbs, California

Aaron Craft, Ohio State

Tyler Ennis, Syracuse

Yogi Ferrell, Indiana

DeAndre Kane, Iowa State

T.J. McConnell, Arizona

Shabazz Napier, Connecticut

Marcus Paige, North Carolina

Kevin Pangos, Gonzaga

James Robinson, Pittsburgh

Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State

Juwan Staten, West Virginia

Xavier Thames, San Diego State

Fred VanVleet, Wichita State

Scottie Wilbekin, Florida

Chaz Williams, Massachusetts

Kendall Williams, New Mexico

Award for the Nation's Top Point Guard. 24 Finalists. Jordair is not one of them. Say what you want about JJ not being a true point guard, but he is averaging 5 assists a game. That's a top 50 number in the country. There are also other players on this list who aren't necessarily a true PG.

Kyle Anderson, UCLA

Keith Appling, Michigan State

Eric Atkins, Notre Dame

Jason Brickman, LIU Brooklyn

Jahii Carson, Arizona State

Siyani Chambers, Harvard

Justin Cobbs, California

Aaron Craft, Ohio State

Tyler Ennis, Syracuse

Yogi Ferrell, Indiana

DeAndre Kane, Iowa State

T.J. McConnell, Arizona

Shabazz Napier, Connecticut

Marcus Paige, North Carolina

Kevin Pangos, Gonzaga

James Robinson, Pittsburgh

Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State

Juwan Staten, West Virginia

Xavier Thames, San Diego State

Fred VanVleet, Wichita State

Scottie Wilbekin, Florida

Chaz Williams, Massachusetts

Kendall Williams, New Mexico

There's only about 5 players on that list that I'd rather have over JJ. And put me down as someone who sees Aaron Craft as the most overrated college basketball player in the country.

Jordair would probably be under consideration if he could've just hit that Sport Center top ten dunk of the day once in a while. F-em! I'll take (to paraphrase that Umass poster on the A10 board) our ninja assassin Jett who hits the winning shot and then gets in line to shake hands rather than thumping his chest and making a spectacle of himself

There's only about 5 players on that list that I'd rather have over JJ. And put me down as someone who sees Aaron Craft as the most overrated college basketball player in the country.

Totally agree. Craft is as average white guy as they come.

Totally agree. Craft is as average white guy as they come.

I don't necessarily think he's average. In fact, I think he's a very good player that I would love to have on my team. But he's consistently put on these types of lists and is often mentioned as one of the best players in the country. Hell, he was 6th in voting for the preseason All-American list. Despite all the accolades, having watched him and JJ play all season, I would probably pick JJ. To me, that's the very definition of overrated.

Cousy lists and others like this are compiled before the season. Jett wasn't on anyone's radar preseason. He can't be added to the list of candidates.

That's silly. They need to allow for some mid- to late-season nominees.

Cousy lists and others like this are compiled before the season. Jett wasn't on anyone's radar preseason. He can't be added to the list of candidates.

This is the official release:

http://www.cousyaward.com/docs/watch_list_release.pdf

"*This list is fluid – players can play their way onto and off of the Watch List and the Final 20*"

This is the official release:

http://www.cousyaward.com/docs/watch_list_release.pdf

"*This list is fluid – players can play their way onto and off of the Watch List and the Final 20*"

They did add 5 new players, Juwan staten & Fred Van Fleet among them.

Jordair reminds me of Bob Gibson when he was on the mound. All business, competitive, wants the ball in tough situations. I like Billiken Rich's comment " hits the winning shot and then gets in line to shake hands rather than thumping his chest and making a spectacle of himself". Gibson sets the record for strikeouts in the 68 series, McCarver comes out to tell him and gets yelled at to get back behind the plate. Regardless of the final outcome of this Billikens season, I will always remember like I do for Gibson's 1.12 era, 15 game winning streak, and those 17 strikeouts, not for the final game of the 68 season. For a almost 50 year Billiken fan it doesn't get any better than this.

Jordair reminds me of Bob Gibson when he was on the mound. All business, competitive, wants the ball in tough situations. I like Billiken Rich's comment " hits the winning shot and then gets in line to shake hands rather than thumping his chest and making a spectacle of himself". Gibson sets the record for strikeouts in the 68 series, McCarver comes out to tell him and gets yelled at to get back behind the plate. Regardless of the final outcome of this Billikens season, I will always remember like I do for Gibson's 1.12 era, 15 game winning streak, and those 17 strikeouts, not for the final game of the 68 season. For a almost 50 year Billiken fan it doesn't get any better than this.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

our whole team just wants the W. that's why at the end of the last GM game, it was rob and jordair working the pick and roll/pop almost exclusively. either rob was drilling a three or jordair was taking it to the rack. and when the defense finally respects those two options, mccall torches them along the baseline. no BS. no flash. just put the ball in the bucket and get the fuok out of dodge.

BILLLLLIIIIIIESSSSSSS