So what's the consensus around here.....

SwiftyClown

Well I care. Entry into the Big East is critical if SLU is to land recruits like Tatum. Yes, SLU seems to be getting good recruits but to step up to the next level SLU must get into the Big East. Yes, the A10 might be better this year, but the Big East has the traditional big names like Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, etc., etc. That means more exposure in the media and bigger TV dollars.

VCU is okay with me. If the Big East is to split into two Divisions another Eastern school must come in when SLU enters the league. If say a Dayton comes in when SLU does, then Xavier would likely have to go into the eastern division of the Big East. I am sure they would prefer to be in a division with rivals like SLU, Marquette, Butler, etc.

So VCU would be okay. So would Richmond but I believe the Big East would take the higher profile school which is obviously VCU.

The Big East plus SLU and VCU makes it truly a top level BCS league. And it makes much more sense geographically, especially if SLU is in a division with Butler, Xavier, Marquette, DePaul and Creighton and playing these teams twice a year. Can't wait.

Well I care. Entry into the Big East is critical if SLU is to land recruits like Tatum. Yes, SLU seems to be getting good recruits but to step up to the next level SLU must get into the Big East. Yes, the A10 might be better this year, but the Big East has the traditional big names like Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, etc., etc. That means more exposure in the media and bigger TV dollars.

VCU is okay with me. If the Big East is to split into two Divisions another Eastern school must come in when SLU enters the league. If say a Dayton comes in when SLU does, then Xavier would likely have to go into the eastern division of the Big East. I am sure they would prefer to be in a division with rivals like SLU, Marquette, Butler, etc.

So VCU would be okay. So would Richmond but I believe the Big East would take the higher profile school which is obviously VCU.

The Big East plus SLU and VCU makes it truly a top level BCS league. And it makes much more sense geographically, especially if SLU is in a division with Butler, Xavier, Marquette, DePaul and Creighton and playing these teams twice a year. Can't wait.

You're a . stop feeding the god damn troll...

My post is English and he's a VCU troll who is beating a dead horse.

Geezus. You guys can't even keep from beating up yourselves. We've come here in peace and gotten threatened with bodily harm (at least I did). Swifty has a good question and the thread is worth talking about. Do you guys really hate everyone?

Actually, no one is talking about VCU in the BE except for you guys. Richmond would be taken if anyone from that area. On the bright side, if the Billikens would leave, then VCU would finally have a chance to win the conference.

Cool. But I was just looking for opinions on SAINT LOUIS going to the Big East next year.

http://oneminuteremaining.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/is-the-new-big-east-expanding/

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/24096990/new-big-east-feels-weird-but-its-not-taking-a-hit-nationally

http://m.si.com/2265657/georgetowns-power-causing-tension-among-new-old-big-east-schools/

The school gets more money....tv deal blows though.

It seems like they have games on fox sports 1 almost every night.

Some posters on here have a weird complex about other fans. Just because someone is a fan of another team doesn't automatically make them a troll. The childish responses to the vcu fans are making this board painful to read

It seems like they have games on fox sports 1 almost every night.

Some posters on here have a weird complex about other fans. Just because someone is a fan of another team doesn't automatically make them a troll. The childish responses to the vcu fans are making this board painful to read

You're right they don't. It's the trollish posts that make them trolls.

I just don't want us to end up like Butler this year or become a consistent bottom feeder like DePaul. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

So, how many of you have to watch webcasts? Just curious.

I am one of the few VCU folks that does not want to go there. The others think it would be great cuz we'd get more money-for a little while. The BE is a mid major conference now. They've had to do the marketing campaign because all the real teams left for greener pastures. UCONN left for the AAC. That's a pretty large statement. They got to join ODU. F ODU???? OD who?

So, how many of you have to watch webcasts? Just curious.

I am one of the few VCU folks that does not want to go there. The others think it would be great cuz we'd get more money-for a little while. The BE is a mid major conference now. They've had to do the marketing campaign because all the real teams left for greener pastures. UCONN left for the AAC. That's a pretty large statement.

Pretty sure UConn wasn't invited into the NBE, not that they left for the AAC...

Pretty sure UConn wasn't invited into the NBE, not that they left for the AAC...

Stupid BE. The BE asking UCONN to leave was stupid. G-Town won't make the dance this year. Sad state of things. They used to be such a powerhouse in a great conference. We'll never see a conference the likes of the old BigE again. In the olden days they could put 8 in. .

Gonna have to side with 05 here.. it's pretty easy to search 'Big East' and come up with a thread or two on the issue.

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23136&hl=east

Knock yourselves out. Everyone here who isn't a MBM wants in the Big East. No need to have another debate about it.

can't' see 05 fortunately. I ask again, how many of you get to watch most every game on your TV?