GDT VS Gimmick

UpperdeckKid

Just going to reiterate the value of the Ignore feature. Makes the site a solid 30% more readable at all times, arguably 50% better when opposing trolls show up. I don't see what any of these clowns are writing.

We won, let's enjoy it. We don't have to acknowledge them. They'll crawl back in their holes soon enough.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

give me a break. has nothing to do with race. has to do with our tabloidal, sensationalist culture and everybody wants to be special, nobody wants to work. i don't like crazy ass names. i'm a traditionalist. that's it.

Careful Jimbo, I was crucified on here for saying something like that...

give me a break. has nothing to do with race. has to do with our tabloidal, sensationalist culture and everybody wants to be special, nobody wants to work. i don't like crazy ass names. i'm a traditionalist. that's it.

Maybe you should reread your posts in your stoned haze before you post them and you might notice that they might offend someone that you don't know. That being said, HATE kinda fits. I just came here to talk BB with fans and this is what I get?

This is a two team A10 sweet 16 year. Love a tough game. We almost pulled that out of our arses playing your game at your house. Someone noted that the FT shooting against us went down the toilet late. That's not an unusual thing when playing on rubber legs.

The A10 is loaded!!!!! A split and then the A10 champ game. Should be awesome. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way, except for at the Stu. The better you get, the better it is for us.

You obviously do not know much about the way SLU plays.

Maybe you should reread your posts in your stoned haze before you post them and you might notice that they might offend someone that you don't know. That being said, HATE kinda fits. I just came here to talk BB with fans and this is what I get?

You didn't come here to talk basketball.

Hey @SluSignGuy...why do you allow your boardmembers to post name-calling BS. I like your board for the most part and would like to hang around, but being called "dippy" isn't something I'd ever wanna come back to. Good win. I'm out....until we crush you guys like a bug. Then I'll be back. Best to you all. Very enjoyable game today. This is what its all about!!!

You guys know I'm not trolling. I like to talk to the opponents and will always give credit where it is due. Just stop the name-calling. There are folks that actually read this stuff that don't post that you are showing your arses to.

Mudcat, I have enjoyed the VCU fans that have come over to Billikens.com. Regarding "dippy," I also am not aware that it is a racial slur (I also have no idea what it means). I give you props for using "messageboardmoron." Either you follow this board closely, or you randomly struck on an inside joke.

Overall, I moderate this board lightly. The VCU threads this week have been more extreme than Billikens.com is normally, but I mainly have let things slide because it is not often posters from other forums engage in the banter. Do I think the names of players is a valuable topic, not really, but, I will concede...I let jimbo get away with a lot because he is always over the top and people recognize it.

I have read VCURamNation, and it is a good board. Things this week got more heated and in the gutter on Billikens.com than your forum, but sometimes passion takes over a bit in sports.

These trolls just can't accept a loss and ****ing get off this board. What losers.

Loss, yes. Great game, yes. Would I liked to have been on the winning side, yes. Having said that, I'm quite happy to have watched a solid great game today. We'll still be here for you guys. You just gotta stop the hate on here. We lost, yes. Such is sports. That's why we play the games. Will I go out and shoot myself tonite. I think not.

Check out RamNation if you wanna see how a real BB board works with real people that are not allowed to put the kind of crap up I've seen in just the last 15 minutes. We love our ball, and we hate to lose, but we never do the. crap I've seen here today. It's embarrasing to Missouri :ph34r:

Congrats to you all for today's win.

Mudcat, I have enjoyed the VCU fans that have come over to Billikens.com. Regarding "dippy," I also am not aware that it is a racial slur (I also have no idea what it means). I give you props for using "messageboardmoron." Either you follow this board closely, or you randomly struck on an inside joke.

Overall, I moderate this board lightly. The VCU threads this week have been more extreme than Billikens.com is normally, but I mainly have let things slide because it is not often posters from other forums engage in the banter. Do I think the names of players is a valuable topic, not really, but, I will concede...I let jimbo get away with a lot because he is always over the top and people recognize it.

I have read VCURamNation, and it is a good board. Things this week got more heated and in the gutter on Billikens.com than your forum, but sometimes passion takes over a bit in sports.

I think dippy just noticed I altered my title to say that instead of whatever it's supposed to say based on my post count.

I think he is making that up, although now supposedly "thug" is a racial slur too, so who knows, but I searched "dippy" and didn't see anything referring to "dippy" being a racial slur. If he IS making it up, well, that is pretty pathetic.

The dude called me "dippy" whatever that means. I got the messageboard moron from the top of his avatar. Not from my head. Just no name calling. I'm not trolling here and haven't been. I just wanted to see the other side on game day like i usually do. Your team played just good enough for the win and you guys have my congratulations like I said I'd give before the game. I appreciate your response and will try to ignore the next 15 posts that are awaiting me as a VCU fan on the massive smackdown we just took. Best to you SluSign!!! Seeya in a couple of weeks. Come join our board woth BustedDreams and enjoy a decent conversation. .

BTW, the racial thing came from a post with all of the players' names. You can find it and see what you think. I kinda like the name JeQuan even if it doesn't sound american.

That's why I laugh at the VCU fans coming here trying to be civil.

How's this for a news story: "Midwest University Allows Hate Speech on Fan Site."

Sounds like a winner to me.

That wouldn't make headlines seeing as it makes no sense. Saint Louis University isn't affiliated with this site in any way, shape or form. They can't allow or disallow anything on the site unless we were infringing on the University's trademark or some such thing. Keep trying, though.

To whomever was saying Rob's shot was with more than 10 seconds, he shot it with 5 seconds left on the clock. I checked the replay.

That said, who cares about these VCU posters. They talked smack. SLU fans talked smack. We won and the game is over. Neither team thinks they played well and to be honest I don't think either team did. They missed open 3s and we let their press speed up our team more than we did last year.

The dude called me "dippy" whatever that means. I got the messageboard moron from the top of his avatar. Not from my head. Just no name calling. I'm not trolling here and haven't been. I just wanted to see the other side on game day like i usually do. Your team played just good enough for the win and you guys have my congratulations like I said I'd give before the game. I appreciate your response and will try to ignore the next 15 posts that are awaiting me as a VCU fan on the massive smackdown we just took. Best to you SluSign!!! Seeya in a couple of weeks. Come join our board woth BustedDreams and enjoy a decent conversation. .

If you are so offended by name calling then why are you calling me a moron?

Time to contact Al Sharpton for this racially insensitive university.

Maybe you'll lose some donors?

That comment pretty much sums up who you are and what you are all about. And people wonder why there are racial problems in this country....

BTW, the racial thing came from a post with all of the players' names. You can find it and see what you think. I kinda like the name JeQuan even if it doesn't sound american.

Understood now about the players names. I will concede I am probably in the wrong on that one for letting jimbo slide on things - but it actually probably isn't the worst thing he has done, and I think there is an understanding jimbo is over the top, and it is hard to HATE him.

I will be in Brooklyn in a few weeks. If you want to grab a beer, send me a PM and we can exchange contact info.

It's on top of your avatar..Did you put it there yourself?

I know where it is. That has nothing to do with your comment that indicates you think I'm a moron. Seems to me someone who thinks mild name-calling should result in a message board ban would have to be considered a hypocrite if they immediately turn around and call someone a moron.

To whomever was saying Rob's shot was with more than 10 seconds, he shot it with 5 seconds left on the clock. I checked the replay.

That said, who cares about these VCU posters. They talked smack. SLU fans talked smack. We won and the game is over. Neither team thinks they played well and to be honest I don't think either team did. They missed open 3s and we let their press speed up our team more than we did last year.

I just rewatched it again and you are correct. Nope, neither team played their game well today. I know we shot like crap and you guys turned it over alot and didn't shoot well either, but you beat us and that's the story. Good day for SLU.