#NoSleepTilRepeat

not so fast my friend. the SLU Blue Men didn't get chosen. Their video was leaps and bounds ahead of that

There were rules and requirements to include academics, community, and competition. The Blue Men, according to my recollection, didn't really add those three things even though the quality of their video was better.

Out of the "winners", I'd like to know how many games they attended this season. Women's games? There are undergrad band members who I suspect have attendeded far more in both categories who won't get to go because slu is sending fewer than the maximum allowed number of band members. These undergrad band members are volunteering their time to the band and attending more games than some of the winners in the contest,

Out of the "winners", I'd like to know how many games they attended this season. Women's games? There are undergrad band members who I suspect have attendeded far more in both categories who won't get to go because slu is sending fewer than the maximum allowed number of band members. These undergrad band members are volunteering their time to the band and attending more games than some of the winners in the contest,

So what was stopping these undergrads from submitting a video like everyone else?

Why doesn't the band make sure all current undergrads members make the trip before other band members?

I rest my case...

Because slu is only allowing 20 total band members to go. The max allowed is 30..a rule set by the conference. There are WAY more undergrads than 30!

And for those thinking the band undergrads should have posted a video? Well, some did.

Personally, I don't think it's reasonable for them to have to jump thru an additional hoop since they have already shown there dedication to slu by attending 10 preseason practices, numerous women's games as well as most likely more men's games than some of the contest winners.

I would have liked the band to be a full band of undergrads. 30 members, then use the additional 40 spots for the students in the contest. You still have 70 students going AND you have a full band, like every other school will have AND you reward the dedication of those undergrad band members who get to go.

Looks like a win for all involved in that scenario.

There is a tough road ahead of us in our final games of the regular season.

GMU, GWU, Duq, VCU, Dayton, UMass

Don't forget we went into OT at home against GMU.

I think it will be a close game and the rest of the games from here on out will be tough with the exception of Duquesne. It will serve as an opportunity to really show everyone what this team is made of and let the senior leadership help carry this team on their historical season. RPI has already come down to 11-13 and could really drop low if we keep winning through these tough games.

It's really too bad that is what you took from it.

In an effort to continue to build the program and student fan base, do you think it's wise to not acknowledge and reward and respect the folks that put in the time and effort to attend more games and practices? These kids sacrifice study time and other activities to be at most and in a lot of cases ALL of the games/practices/women's games.

You were at a hell of a lot of events as a student. Should your dedication have been ignored for someone who came to a couple of games and submitted a 30 second video that may have been slightly "better" than yours in the eyes of some judges?

Go back and re-read what I wrote. It's all about a team effort here. Do the math. Send 70 students. 30 band members (the most you are allowed) and 40 students from the video competition. How is that not an equitable situation?

Just curious...did band members get to travel to Brooklyn last year?

Also, I have noticed that a lot of people on here constantly criticize the students for not being "into the games." So now, to my understanding, the AD is trying to include the student fan base into the Billiken athletics family. What's wrong with that? Do people want a wider fan base? Don't be so condescending IMHO.