GDT WSU

slu72

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like that you're from Columbia though. From Waterloo but just a little outside Columbia.

OK, you don't have to f yourelf then. Sorry for that response. I am a Saluki fan but also a Billiken fan since I was a student in the 1990's. Losses like this sting but are nothing to melt down over. Especially when they are close, a blowout would be a different story. WSU is better than any team we will play in the conference this year. I assume we will be better in January than we are today. We should still be dancing and at the top of the conference by the end of the season. The game I watched today didn't change my mind on that fact.

OK, you don't have to f yourelf then. Sorry for that response. I am a Saluki fan but also a Billiken fan since I was a student in the 1990's. Losses like this sting but are nothing to melt down over. Especially when they are close, a blowout would be a different story. WSU is better than any team we will play in the conference this year. I assume we will be better in January than we are today. We should still be dancing and at the top of the conference by the end of the season. The game I watched today didn't change my mind on that fact.

This whole week has been tough to watch. Lot to get figured out.

I definitely agree that we'll be better a lot better come January. But your point that WSU is better than any team we play in conference this year is what worries me. I hate losing these opportunities to beat really good teams. Especially at home.

We lost to a good team. Nonetheless, Crews really needs to drill the team on how to attack a zone. Our lack of outside shooting will make teams want to throw a zone at us. Also, Wichita State got too many offensive rebounds. Our forwards often got caught not boxing out or jumping up with one hand. Barnett didn't play well but he is certainly not the only one to blame here.

Couldn't have said it any better.

JJ would be deeeep in the doghouse if he didn't hit that, "jesus christ why is Jor... WOW, that went in!" 3-pointer followed by the pull-up jumper to keep us in the game late (otherwise WSU was ending the game on another 17-0 run, put me in the JC has no idea what he's doing with his TOs club). Some his passes this year are unbelievable. The whole team's passing really, the turnovers are embarrassing for how long everyone's been playing with one another. This game was ours to take. We also have a pretty hard time finishing lay-ups after big steals. It's the little things. And the big things like not giving DE the ball at all times. Really no excuse for him to go consecutive first halves like this. JC (or TB?) had some nice set plays out of breaks, but JC never calls a TO when we seemingly have the ball for our final possession. Rebounding killed us. Once JM fouled out our 2 tallest guys were DE and GG at 6'6". You could see WSU grabbing the offensive board after a missing FT miles away. Baker grabbing his own rebound after a missed lay-up, too.

We hung with the #10 and #12 teams and should have grabbed at least a split. We're not heading to the NIT yet, you sound like dopes.

JJ would be deeeep in the doghouse if he didn't hit that, "jesus christ why is Jor... WOW, that went in!" 3-pointer followed by the pull-up jumper to keep us in the game late (otherwise WSU was ending the game on another 17-0 run, put me in the JC has no idea what he's doing with his TOs club). Some his passes this year are unbelievable. The whole team's passing really, the turnovers are embarrassing for how long everyone's been playing with one another. This game was ours to take. We also have a pretty hard time finishing lay-ups after big steals. It's the little things. And the big things like not giving DE the ball at all times. Really no excuse for him to go consecutive first halves like this. JC (or TB?) had some nice set plays out of breaks, but JC never calls a TO when we seemingly have the ball for our final possession. Rebounding killed us. Once JM fouled out our 2 tallest guys were DE and GG at 6'6". You could see WSU grabbing the offensive board after a missing FT miles away. Baker grabbing his own rebound after a missed lay-up, too.

We hung with the #10 and #12 teams and should have grabbed at least a split. We're not heading to the NIT yet, you sound like dopes.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. I've seen Coach Crews coach some incredible games but his complete ineptitude with regards to timeouts is perplexing.

Look, RM ain't rising from the dead and Popovich will never be the coach. JC is, and he's a COY. Don't understand his like for JB either, but this game came down to making a shot at the right time or two and preventing WSU from putting back a couple of O rebounds. That simple, yet, it once again pointed out our major weakness: we struggle when a zone D is thrown at us. That has got to be solved and why a guy like AM should have been in there at the end. JB's last two 3 attempts were weak at best, and I wanted to vomit at the airball. Here's hoping MC steals some of his minutes during the rest of the OOC schedule. By the way, forget rankings for the time being, we are right where we were last year; off the radar.

JB should finish his MBA, thank SLU for a fine education, the opportunity to travel and play d1 ball, marry his fiancé, and get an internship at Edward Jones. He showed nothing today other than someone to pass to when a WSU player was in someone's grill and you needed a last option. I know that's harsh, but it's fair.

So how does an illegal sixth man run off right in front of a ref and not get called for a T?

This...I saw this and was livid. There is no excuse for such poor officiating.

As frustrating as it is, I have come to the realization that we are simply not as good as last year's team. I feel like we would have won this game by 8 or more points last year.

JB should finish his MBA, thank SLU for a fine education, the opportunity to travel and play d1 ball, marry his fiancé, and get an internship at Edward Jones. He showed nothing today other than someone to pass to when a WSU player was in someone's grill and you needed a last option. I know that's harsh, but it's fair.

You can't get mad at the kid. Crews put him in the awful position. Barnett should not be in the game at any point, unless it's a complete blowout. I am flabbergasted he has a scholarship TBH. Just remember it's not JB's fault... Crews needs to wise up.

Crews cost us this game.

Just want to add that usually I can be found in the last row and I mean the last row, not the suites, but for this game, I had the good fortune of sitting in the first row just behind the end tables, and I can confirm that the hottest cheerleaders are definitely on the east end.

Just want to add that usually I can be found in the last row and I mean the last row, not the suites, but for this game, I had the good fortune of sitting in the first row just behind the end tables, and I can confirm that the hottest cheerleaders are definitely on the east end.

Yes, a little perq that we east-enders have always enjoyed. We just don't brag about it much.