Student Tickets for Sunday??

gobillsgo

This is more for the students that post on the board:

My buddy just called me and asked if I got a student ticket for Sunday vs WSU. I had not heard anything about needing student tickets. He only found out because he saw some guy sitting in the BSC with a stack of tickets and walked up to him and asked if he could have one, to which he got a "Sure, whatever" type response. I saw nothing all week about needing student tickets on the Slunatics Twitter or Facebook. I asked some other friends who were planning on going, and they said they hadn't heard about them either.

So did any other students know we needed tickets, and if so, did you get them? I'll be pretty pissed if I can't go to the game because I didn't get a ticket, when they weren't advertised at all. I know we have some students on the board. What have you guys heard?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-a former student, but at the last game in the concourse there was a table with a sign for WSU tickets

At the Bowling Green game? Not sure how I could've missed that, but I guess I did. <_<

Still didn't see anything advertised on Twitter or Facebook, which is how it was done last year.

Edit: Err, I missed the Bowling Green game, I was at Oral Roberts and didn't see anything then. I'll probably just try to find someone with extras.

https://twitter.com/SLU_Billikens/status/404354172960518144

Ok, I see that one now on the SLU Mens Basketball feed. I still think they should've advertised it more than having it hidden in the second half of a tweet about game day, but it sounds like a lot of people aren't having the same problems my buddies and I are. Oh well, I'll try to find extras.

As one of the SLUnatics, I can tell you that I was never informed of this. I would have been advertising had I known. Honestly, I don't know if a student ticket will be necessary. It's a noon start, and most kids wont be getting back from Thanksgiving break until afternoon. There will hopefully be a lot of students who live close, but I'd be surprised to see a packed student section. Also, if you didn't know, I doubt many other students know either, so you wouldn't be the only one without a ticket.

As one of the SLUnatics, I can tell you that I was never informed of this. I would have been advertising had I known. Honestly, I don't know if a student ticket will be necessary. It's a noon start, and most kids wont be getting back from Thanksgiving break until afternoon. There will hopefully be a lot of students who live close, but I'd be surprised to see a packed student section. Also, if you didn't know, I doubt many other students know either, so you wouldn't be the only one without a ticket.

This is my point. In the past, any time student tickets were available/necessary, it was posted all over the SLUnatics Facebook and Twitter pages and people in the BSC were actually proactive about giving them out, and I got one every time. Basically, if you needed one, everybody knew. It sounds like they announced it at the game Saturday, but I wasn't able to make it to that game, and I know others who weren't either.

I'm sure there will be plenty of space. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about the try-hards at the door not letting us in with just our student IDs, even though there will likely be space.

Billiken Athletics @SLU_Billikens 5m

Students if you didnt get a ticket for @SaintLouisMBB vs @GoShockers you can still get in with your ID. We need you to pack @ChaifetzArena!

Billiken Athletics tweeted about the tickets a fair amount. Still think the SLUNatics should have been made aware of this so that they could get the word out too.

This is just my outside perspective on this situation. I have no inside information. On one hand, it seems like the SLU AD did a decent job of getting the word out about this. On the other hand, the fact that there was nothing about it on the SLUnatics facebook page or twitter is troubling. Should students have known about it from other sources? Sure. But why the heck aren't the SLUnatics all over it as well?

Again, just my outside perspective, but the SLUnatics seem to be a bit off their game from last year. Since the start of the regular season against SEMO (basically 3 weeks), the SLUnatics twitter has a grand total of 5 tweets and 3 re-tweets. That seems like a poor effort to me.

Last year I was "2nd in charge" of the SLUNatics. The leader wasn't doing . He was missing games and just did it for something for his resume. He missed the game after Majerus passed away so 05 and I decided to put together the blackout on pretty much no notice. Turned out well. For the rest of the year, I just kind of took over. I'm not trying to brag on myself and I give a lot of credit to the team playing well which attracted more interest, but I thought the students were really good last year. I took control of twitter and facebook and used it constantly. I didn't care about overwhelming people with posts and tweets. The best marketing is usually pretty annoying in my opinion. There were 4 members on the SLUnatics board and eventually the only people who did anything were me, my brother, my girlfriend, and 05 (all of whom weren't even on the board). This year you have the same leader as last time and a friend who might do even less. For them its about putting it on their resume and getting a guaranteed front row seat and the game for them and their friends. (And when I say front row seat, I mean seat. Like sitting down) My brother is on the board this year so hopefully I can convince him to take a bigger role. Posting this on here isn't a message to the leaders, because if I had to guess, I'd say they are completely unaware of this message board.

Last year I was "2nd in charge" of the SLUNatics. The leader wasn't doing ######. He was missing games and just did it for something for his resume. He missed the game after Majerus passed away so 05 and I decided to put together the blackout on pretty much no notice. Turned out well. For the rest of the year, I just kind of took over. I'm not trying to brag on myself and I give a lot of credit to the team playing well which attracted more interest, but I thought the students were really good last year. I took control of twitter and facebook and used it constantly. I didn't care about overwhelming people with posts and tweets. The best marketing is usually pretty annoying in my opinion. There were 4 members on the SLUnatics board and eventually the only people who did anything were me, my brother, my girlfriend, and 05 (all of whom weren't even on the board). This year you have the same leader as last time and a friend who might do even less. For them its about putting it on their resume and getting a guaranteed front row seat and the game for them and their friends. (And when I say front row seat, I mean seat. Like sitting down) My brother is on the board this year so hopefully I can convince him to take a bigger role. Posting this on here isn't a message to the leaders, because if I had to guess, I'd say they are completely unaware of this message board.

I hate people like the SLUnatics leader you are describing. Why would that POS get re-elected or whatever if he didn't do anything? I hope your brother does take things over.

My guess is that he keeps getting to be in charge because he's well behaved. 05 wasn't always the most well behaved but he made it a fun and rowdy environment for everyone around him which fed up to the others at the game.

The student section needs 05. I've been trying to convince him to go get his masters degree and maybe even his phd.

My guess is that he keeps getting to be in charge because he's well behaved. 05 wasn't always the most well behaved but he made it a fun and rowdy environment for everyone around him which fed up to the others at the game.

The student section needs 05. I've been trying to convince him to go get his masters degree and maybe even his phd.

I will not be returning to the student section.

I will not be returning to the student section.

Serious question. I know SLU sells "young alumni" season tickets. Are all of these in the same area?

I think it would make sense for SLU to group all of the "young alumni" season tickets behind the basket opposite the student section and band. Then you could go crazy and get the fans over there all riled up and put the student section to shame.

I sat in 117 for the BG game. I made more noise than the student section all by myself, but I got so many ugly looks from the COEDs that I stopped .

It's a shame todays students don't know how to make noise.