Season tickets (ST)

bauman

When I renewed my ST, I asked about the renewal rate and the person taking care of me said the renewal rate was very high. Absent moving or dying, I can't imagine why you wouldn't renew at this point, this is what all SLU BB fans have been waiting for (success).

They had not finalized the renewal process and therefore had not opened up the option to add tickets for existing ST holders yet. Because of that they were not filling request for new ST applications yet either. I hope we add a few thousand, the only problem I see is still trying to sell the prime seats at the original price. We need to come up with a plan to fill those seats.

When I renewed my ST, I asked about the renewal rate and the person taking care of me said the renewal rate was very high. Absent moving or dying, I can't imagine why you wouldn't renew at this point, this is what all SLU BB fans have been waiting for (success).

They had not finalized the renewal process and therefore had not opened up the option to add tickets for existing ST holders yet. Because of that they were not filling request for new ST applications yet either. I hope we add a few thousand, the only problem I see is still trying to sell the prime seats at the original price. We need to come up with a plan to fill those seats.

I know you know that this issue has been talked about on the board several times - the problem is no one has come up with a plan the AD would think solves the selling of good seats for under the market value and not piss off the current high tix holders. I am afraid short of a promo to get a handful of people in those seats we are stuck with the situation as is until people buy them.

How about giving current season ticket holders an opportunity to buy the empty prime seats at 1/2 the regular price. Limit the deal to three games per year. If there is a problem with demand, meaning more demand for a certain game than seats available, then go by priority.

I guess it might create a nightmare for the ticket office for a high demand game where everyone wants those seats. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind buying some better seats for a few games, using those, and putting other people in my regular seats.

If any of those seats are unsold this year, they need to adjust the pricing or get a new development person. How many years has it been now?

I think we just need a creative ticket dept. If no one there now is up to the job, then let them continue to do all the administrative duties and hire a creative ticket person who could probably pay for his/her own salary by added revenue. I believe many individuals would be glad to pay the freight for really good seats for a couple of games even if they aren't in a position to pay the for the annual fee necessary to get those seats for an entire season.

If those who have already coughed up the big donor Billiken Club bucks to get those seats are upset then come up with a creative package of perks for them. This isn't brain surgery and there is no excuse for not coming up with a plan by now. Unlike cheeseman I think we can do it and not just wait and hope.

I think our staff does a good job but remember these guys are kids making small dollars. They work at SLU for a few years then leave for more money elsewhere. Don Draper they are not. There is no easy solution or it would have been done already. I would like to see some type of door program where if you know your not going to use your tickets they can be given to kids.

I think our staff does a good job but remember these guys are kids making small dollars. They work at SLU for a few years then leave for more money elsewhere. Don Draper they are not. There is no easy solution or it would have been done already. I would like to see some type of door program where if you know your not going to use your tickets they can be given to kids.

I would probably agree that they could try to get students down there but then would the students still fill in the student section? I refuse to believe that May has not thought about all these options people are throwing out. He is the guy making the final decision - unless Biondi has tied his hands and that is a real possibility now that I think about it. I just think that something is happening that we don't know about that is driving the current process.

I would probably agree that they could try to get students down there but then would the students still fill in the student section? I refuse to believe that May has not thought about all these options people are throwing out. He is the guy making the final decision - unless Biondi has tied his hands and that is a real possibility now that I think about it. I just think that something is happening that we don't know about that is driving the current process.

When Willie was talking about kids he wasn't talking about college students. He was talking about children, often of a background that is unable to purchase tickets to sporting events. And he wasn't talking about the loyal blue seats but rather a program for all season ticket holders to turn in tickets they aren't going to use for underprivileged kids to enjoy.

Okay, so when we have a sellout, and I think we had at least a couple last season, HOW are those seats sold?

I thought there was some speculation that the seat are in fact sold, but the companies or big shots who purchased the seats only use them for the big games.

When Willie was talking about kids he wasn't talking about college students. He was talking about children, often of a background that is unable to purchase tickets to sporting events. And he wasn't talking about the loyal blue seats but rather a program for all season ticket holders to turn in tickets they aren't going to use for underprivileged kids to enjoy.

First of all, the topic of this thread is filling the expensive blue seats. That was the issue your dad seemed to be addressing in his post, at least up to the last sentence. His point that the ticket staff is doing an ok job since they are kids making small dollars is exactly my point. the "kids" might be doing a great job with the day-to-day adm issues, however, if we need to come up with a solution to sell and fill a significant number of the most expensive seats then we need more creativity than we are getting, or should expect to get, from the "kids." Cheeseman commented that if there was a solution then May would have implemented it by now. While I am certainly NOT a C May basher, I do need to say that I haven't seem much creativity anywhere in the Ath. Dept. under his watch. He might be doing a fine job under some constraints from his boss and I am not aware of any missteps from him, I just think we have a problem that can and should be fixed.

While your dad's last comment sounds like a reasonable idea, I'm not sure if it isn't attempting to fix a problem that doesn't exist. In the past 3-4 years, if I was going to be unable to go to a game, I had no problem finding someone who would want to use my ticket. The problem is filling the blue seats, not a couple of seats in 107 and 3 seats in 204 and 1 seat in 208.

First of all, the topic of this thread is filling the expensive blue seats. That was the issue your dad seemed to be addressing in his post, at least up to the last sentence. His point that the ticket staff is doing an ok job since they are kids making small dollars is exactly my point. the "kids" might be doing a great job with the day-to-day adm issues, however, if we need to come up with a solution to sell and fill a significant number of the most expensive seats then we need more creativity than we are getting, or should expect to get, from the "kids." Cheeseman commented that if there was a solution then May would have implemented it by now. While I am certainly NOT a C May basher, I do need to say that I haven't seem much creativity anywhere in the Ath. Dept. under his watch. He might be doing a fine job under some constraints from his boss and I am not aware of any missteps from him, I just think we have a problem that can and should be fixed.

While your dad's last comment sounds like a reasonable idea, I'm not sure if it isn't attempting to fix a problem that doesn't exist. In the past 3-4 years, if I was going to be unable to go to a game, I had no problem finding someone who would want to use my ticket. The problem is filling the blue seats, not a couple of seats in 107 and 3 seats in 204 and 1 seat in 208.

Far be it for someone to change the topic ever so slightly from the original post. That never happens on Billikens.com :rolleyes:

But to your point, yes, Willie was talking about the Loyal Blue seats and addressing the issues in finding creative marketers to sell them until the final sentence. His last sentence was giving a new idea for the marketing department. Willie probably should have started a new paragraph to signify a new thought.

Cheeseman, however, had addressed the last sentence and had incorrectly assumed that Willie was referring to putting students in the loyal blue seats. All I did was point out that Willie wasn't really talking about the loyal blue seats at that point but rather was giving a general thought on how to improve the ticket process.