Breaking - Biondi Has Resigned

Not really - the process is basically the same. Doc B's timetable is not unusual and what I would expect to happen if the process is being run correctly - but that is a big "if". I would think they have a short list but and if not then this whole thing is not going as it should.

So you have led a search for a university president as well to say that they are the same? I have no doubt that they are similar, but imagine they have at least a handful of significant differences. I think its safe to say that the population of candidates for SLU's president is far less than the population of candidates for a superintendent.

Doc B's timelien seems accurate to me as well. The Board of Trustee's is comprised of some of the most successful and influential individuals in St. Louis and the country. I have no doubt that they will leave no stone unturned in their search and come up with a viable replacement.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all misinterpreted what Biondi was doing, he re-signed with SLU and not resigned from SLU.

In all fairness, it's a super duper complicated process to replace a university president. I mean it takes everyone else years to do the same, or not.

Maybe other schools have their sh!t together because they have a succession plan or board that isn't subservient to a 25 year dictator.

This reminds me of when Bush asked Dick Cheney to find him a VP candidate. Biondi will come back and say, I'm the best candidate for trn job so I'm staying.

I think the list goes something like this......

Rest of 2013 Biondi.

The first half of 2014, Biondi.

The second half of 2014, Biondi.

The first half of 2015, Biondi.

The second half of 2015, the Board announces they are seriously interviewing candidates. Also, they state they are glad Biondi has agreed to stall his retirement for the benifit of the school.

First half of 2016, Biondi......

Well this was just a little off.

So you have led a search for a university president as well to say that they are the same? I have no doubt that they are similar, but imagine they have at least a handful of significant differences. I think its safe to say that the population of candidates for SLU's president is far less than the population of candidates for a superintendent.

Doc B's timelien seems accurate to me as well. The Board of Trustee's is comprised of some of the most successful and influential individuals in St. Louis and the country. I have no doubt that they will leave no stone unturned in their search and come up with a viable replacement.

No but the process is very similar in nature and scope. You can believe that or not but I can assure you that the steps they will take will not be much different and in fact the size of the pool of candidates actually complicates the process even more. I would think that SLU should have a short list already and should be working on finalizing it by the early Fall.

I think the list goes something like this......

Rest of 2013 Biondi.

The first half of 2014, Biondi.

The second half of 2014, Biondi.

The first half of 2015, Biondi.

The second half of 2015, the Board announces they are seriously interviewing candidates. Also, they state they are glad Biondi has agreed to stall his retirement for the benifit of the school.

First half of 2016, Biondi......

I'm happy to re-allocate my annual $20 donation to billikens.com to help pay for Biondi's assassination. Probably just kidding.