A-10 rocks

almaman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A10 one of only two multi bid conferences to be undefeated- the other being 2 team MVC. The fact that SLU was the undisputed leader of our conference, all of whom are showing up big bodes very, very well for us....

Why, why, why are we breaking up the A10!?!?!? This could be a BETTER conference than the "new" Big Yeast!!!!! A lot of people got stars and $ signs in their eyes over commonsense. This is almost like the morons who think SLU should have moved to the MVC instead of the A10. Getting exceedingly frustrated. And, Creighton, the great addition to the Big Yeast almost LOST today. Moreover, Xavier has no wins and will have no wins in the NCAA tournament this year.

I think this was poorly thought out from a pure basketball conference perspective!!!!!!!

BTW - Iowa State 59, Notre Dame 37. Another Big East outcast getting their ASS kicked...

GTown LOST. Villanova LOST. Great job by the BIG YEAST!!!!!

Yes, perception invests with its emotions. Reality invests with the facts. In the short term, perception wins. In the long term, perception gets killed while reality feasts. History is relatively clear on this. If the A10 had held together, especially after this year, not only would reality have been economically good, but perception would have changed as it always does. Unfortunately, as in our society, we go for what feels good instead of what really makes a difference. Truth hurts, but it is so easy to take shiny, fun things to distract the masses and that is exactly what has happened in this entire debacle (and in other places...).

Then why haven't the networks been beating at the A-10's doors to offer it lots of money for its product?

For the exact same reason that investors ignore materially undervalued stocks - until perception catches up with reality. Thicks, the market is not efficient, that's why "smart" companies like Coke come up with New Coke. Remember that brilliant move by those "smart" people who threw all that money behind a supposedly good idea? And then there are all those really smart people who were convinced that their money manager, BLM Investment Securities, could do no wrong. That was until perception caught up with reality and Bernie Madoff went to prison and the investors lost the bulk of their money.

I hope I am wrong, but there is at least a chance that our perception of the "new" Big Yeast will not turn out to be consistent with reality. Only time will tell; the rest is just conjecture, however, the tournament, so far, is unsettling as it relates to this argument.

VCU tips around noon today against Michigan. Then us. Then Butler. Will we be carrying the undefeated A10 moniker at that time? I doubt it as I don't think VCU beats Michigan.

I can only speculate that CJ Aiken is tired of the Martelli act on Hawk Hill. No way anybody in his right mind believes that kid is ready for the next level. St. Joe's is still without a PG fornext year but this severely weakens an already weak starting four.

I too believe the new Big East is relatively weak. Their best parts right now are the additions rather than the remainders. But for long-term investments, I'd still go there over the Fordham/Bonnie/Duquesne group any time.

Why, why, why are we breaking up the A10!?!?!? This could be a BETTER conference than the "new" Big Yeast!!!!! A lot of people got stars and $ signs in their eyes over commonsense. This is almost like the morons who think SLU should have moved to the MVC instead of the A10. Getting exceedingly frustrated. And, Creighton, the great addition to the Big Yeast almost LOST today. Moreover, Xavier has no wins and will have no wins in the NCAA tournament this year.

I think this was poorly thought out from a pure basketball conference perspective!!!!!!!

BTW - Iowa State 59, Notre Dame 37. Another Big East outcast getting their ASS kicked...

GTown LOST. Villanova LOST. Great job by the BIG YEAST!!!!!

You're aware that 32 out of 64 teams lose their first game. And that our potential future conference mates are 3-2 so far. Also PLEASE tell me you're not implying that La Salle is a better conference mate going forward than Georgetown, Villanova, or Xavier.

You're aware that 32 out of 64 teams lose their first game. And that our potential future conference mates are 3-2 so far. Also PLEASE tell me you're not implying that La Salle is a better conference mate going forward than Georgetown, Villanova, or Xavier.

Are you sure about this? I think you may be wrong. Seriously, I am pretty sure about 40-42 teams won in the past two days. Really. :rolleyes:

Willing to concede that the Big Ten is better than the A-10...

I think Shaka Smart would probably agree right now! That really surprised me. I knew VCU over Michigan was going to be very, very tough, but I thought VCU would keep it much closer.

I think Shaka Smart would probably agree right now! That really surprised me. I knew VCU over Michigan was going to be very, very tough, but I thought VCU would keep it much closer.

And here we thought VCU wanted to Beilein to the big East...

Glad that short stuff Shaka got blown out today, by 25 points. 78-53. Some "D", Shaka.

He pressed Akron almost the whole 2nd half almost til the end, up over 40 points. 40 points. What a jerk. Even the announcers had the brains to say he should back off.

Akron's 2 starting guards and a reseve guard were OUT for the game (and a reserve center) and Shaka runs it up..

Possibly his kids were a little more tired than they should have been after that nonsense... and against Michigan and that made the difference.

Up 40, Shaka presses his ass off... show some class.

Glad that short stuff Shaka got blown out today, by 25 points.

He pressed Akron almost the whole 2nd half, up 40 points. 40 points. What a jerk. Even the announcers had the brains to say he should back off.

Akron's 2 starting guards and a reseve guard were OUT for the game (and a reserve center) and Shaka runs it up..

Possibly his kids were a little more tired than they should have been after that nonsense... than Michigan and that made the difference.

Up 40, Shaka presses his ass off... show some class.

He probably hasn't prepared his team to play any other way. It may limit his career. Versatility is an important factor.

He probably hasn't prepared his team to play any other way. It may limit his career. Versatility is an important factor.

C'mon. He could have told them to get back and play half court defense. I think some will wonder about him after that showing... he is pegged for a large school and huge $$$$ contract some day, will this make some Presidents/AD's think twice about him?

(1) C'mon. He could have told them to get back and play half court defense. (2) I think some will wonder about him after that showing... he is pegged for a large school and huge $$$$ contract some day, will this make some Presidents/AD's think twice about him?

1: Yes, if he had ever prepared his team to do so. They probably spend all of their practice time on "havoc." Teams play the way they practice/prepare. Remember in Coach Majerus's first year when the Bills need to foul to try to come back and win a game, and Majerus said that they didn't because they hadn't practiced that?

2: That's the point I'm making. He may be limiting himself.