A-10 rocks

almaman

1: Yes, if he had ever prepared his team to do so. They probably spend all of their practice time on "havoc." Teams play the way they practice/prepare. Remember in Coach Majerus's first year when the Bills need to foul to try to come back and win a game, and Majerus said that they didn't because they hadn't practiced that?

2: That's the point I'm making. He may be limiting himself.

I don't think were are disagreeing, but I think VCU's players would know what to do, some games Shaka does not press the whole game if he thinks they need to save some energy, they could just go to half court "D" as they do in those situations. Not rocket science you are up 40 tell them to drop back.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too believe the new Big East is relatively weak. Their best parts right now are the additions rather than the remainders. But for long-term investments, I'd still go there over the Fordham/Bonnie/Duquesne group any time.

The other day Andy Katz somewhat surprised me in stating that the new Big East will not be a power conference. That in his eyes there will now be a "Power 5" of conferences and a second tier consisting of the New Big East, Mountain West, A10, and possibly the America 12 (old Big East). Then beneath that tier will be everyone else typicall seen as mid-majors on down.

It threw me at first but after thinking about it some, I can't disagree.

The other day Andy Katz somewhat surprised me in stating that the new Big East will not be a power conference. That in his eyes there will now be a "Power 5" of conferences and a second tier consisting of the New Big East, Mountain West, A10, and possibly the America 12 (old Big East). Then beneath that tier will be everyone else typicall seen as mid-majors on down.

Well, it will depend on committee representation. If the new Big East continues to be represented at the same level as the Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, SEC, and Big 12, then it will be considered a power conference.

I wonder what what he would have said about the New Big Yeast and the A10 if X and Butler were not going to the New Big Yeast?

C'mon. He could have told them to get back and play half court defense. I think some will wonder about him after that showing... he is pegged for a large school and huge $$$$ contract some day, will this make some Presidents/AD's think twice about him?

Agreed that they know how to not press. How hard is it to say, "Don't press, get back and play half court D."

I do not think his running up the score will affect his job prospects. But, as thicks stated, his lack of versatility might.

A couple first round games are nice, but getting to the Sweet 16 and further is what counts... then we can say "rocks".

Someone posted the A-10 is better than the new BE, no way, they have National Champs and Sweet 16 and Elite 8 and Final 4's galore last 20-25 yrs.

The A-10 is a good league but does not compare... and Butler was in the Horizon, does not count. And the A-10 is decimated w/o Temple, X, and Butler... and hopefully SLU, maybe Dayton.

It proved to be a very deep league this year without a truly elite team like the other big conferences. I was hoping SLU was that elite team but they didn't prove it on the court today.

3 losses today. Anyone who said the A10 is better than the Big East is fooling himself. It was a fun first few days but no one appears to be Sweet 16-worthy.

Really? The big yeast won how many games in the tourney vs the A10?