A10 Awards

MM got hosed. Can't believe Dillard got 2nd team and MM got nothing. Also, I guess DE would be the center on the first-team?

First Team All-Conference: Khalif Wyatt, Ramon Galloway, Rotnei Clarke, Dwayne Evans, Chaz Williams

Second Team All-Conference: Juvonte Reddic, Treveon Graham, Semaj Christon, Tyreek Duren, Kevin Dillard

Third Team All-Conference: Darien Brothers, Ronald Roberts, Kwamain Mitchell, Jordair Jett, Travis Taylor

All-Academic: Andrew Smith, Dwayne Evans, Nemanja Mikic, T.J. DiLeo, Nikola Malesevic

All-Defensive Team: Briante Weber, Jordair Jett, Pierria Henry, Roosevelt Jones, Darius Theus,

All-Rookie Team: Semaj Christon, Kellen Dunham, Derrick Colter, Willie Clayton, Melvin Johnson

Also, I guess DE would be the center on the first-team?

First Team All-Conference: Khalif Wyatt, Ramon Galloway, Rotnei Clarke, Dwayne Evans, Chaz Williams

Yeah, that would be a super small team. But it'd be a blast to watch.

Individual awards (hard to argue with any, unless you want Jett over Ellis):

Player of the Year

Khalif Wyatt, TU

Defensive Player of the Year

Briante Weber, VCU

Rookie of the Year

Semaj Christon, XU

Coach of the Year

Jim Crews, SLU

Sixth Man of the Year

Cody Ellis, SLU

Chris Daniels Most Improved

Travis Taylor, XU

I can't really argue with the list. I would have liked to see Jett get DPOY, but I can understand why Weber is the choice. Coming off of the bench, yet being among the nation's leaders in steals, is a heck of an accomplishment. His only real skill is being a pest on defense, constantly looking to strip the ball. He may not be a complete defensive guard like Jett, McCall or Mitchell, but he helps to cause a lot of TO's. Basically, he has the stats to back his case.

Glad to see Evans make the 1st team. Same with the academic team. Also, despite the injury and slow start to his season, also really nice to see Mitchell get 3rd team honors. Hopefully, his last 3 games are an indicator for how he will play in the post-season. He has looked like the KM of old and hopefully finishes his career off here strong!

Two real disagreements .. McCall left off the defensive team, and Weber as the defensive POY. The guy was the main offender of the clutch-n-grab mantra employed by VCU and Smart. All his hay was made there and amplified because of the steals situations. Just like blocks, steals are only a part of the equation. Weber wasn't much of a factor in a game like our or La Salle's where his bench appearance is negated by opposing guards off the bench. McCall got hosed.

No issues with the first team. Issues with the following: Dillard and Duren. Surprised Kwamian is up there. Missing: Xavier Munford, Demetrious Conger, Brendan Frazier, Langston Galloway, Rosie Jones.

@moytoy -- they don't do the teams by positions. Just five best, five second best, so on. And if you don't believe the college game, in general, and the A10 specifically, is a guard's game .. 11 of the 15 teamers were guards. Four of the five defenders were guards. And Jones is only 6'3" as well. And like Weber, Theus is there for the steals. Neither were able to stop us much when they were out of that element, were they? Vote went for the flash on defense, not the true grit and shutdown defenders.

http://www.atlantic10.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031213aaa.html

Crews COY, Evans 1st team, Mitchell and Jett 3rd team, Ellis 6th man of the year, Evans all-academic team, Jett all-defensive team

So if Ellis is the "6th man" does that make Jett the "7th man"? Maybe the fact that Jordair started while KM was out got him disqualified for the award? I would have put McCall on the 3rd team ahead of Mitchell.

MM got hosed. Can't believe Dillard got 2nd team and MM got nothing. Also, I guess DE would be the center on the first-team?

Second Team All-Conference: Juvonte Reddic, Treveon Graham, Semaj Christon, Tyreek Duren, Kevin Dillard

Third Team All-Conference: Darien Brothers, Ronald Roberts, Kwamain Mitchell, Jordair Jett, Travis Taylor

All-Academic: Andrew Smith, Dwayne Evans, Nemanja Mikic, T.J. DiLeo, Nikola Malesevic

All-Defensive Team: Briante Weber, Jordair Jett, Pierria Henry, Roosevelt Jones, Darius Theus,

All-Rookie Team: Semaj Christon, Kellen Dunham, Derrick Colter, Willie Clayton, Melvin Johnson

They don't choose it like that. There have been seasons where the 1st team has had 4 guards. They just pick top 5 players for 1st team, next 5 for 2nd, etc.

i think KM would agree that mccall deserves his place. glad for kwamain, as he was a trooper in a tough spot. however, i hope mccall comes out with so much HATE in his heart the rest of this season and all of next. like 18PPG HATE. so overshadowed because he's so dependable and consistent. mike mccall is the dude. both offense and defense. against xavier, he hit a big three to bring us back. no 3 ball goggles, no three fingers in the air, no beating on the chest, just got back on defense, and calmly looked up at the scoreboard to see what he needed to do next. easy to forget he was shooting over 50% from three for a good part of the year, and finished at 43%. and we all know about his defense.

MIKE MCCALL, we know what you do.

Posted on A10 site

Wyatt, Crews, Weber, Christon Claim Top Men's Basketball Honors

http://www.atlantic10.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031213aaa.html

012-13 Atlantic 10 Conference Men’s Basketball End of Season Awards

Player of the Year

Khalif Wyatt, TU

Defensive Player of the Year

Briante Weber, VCU

Rookie of the Year

Semaj Christon, XU

Coach of the Year

Jim Crews, SLU

Sixth Man of the Year

Cody Ellis, SLU

Chris Daniels Most Improved

Travis Taylor, XU

First Team All-Conference

Khalif Wyatt, TU

Ramon Galloway, LAS

Rotnei Clarke, BU

Dwayne Evans, SLU

Chaz Williams, UM

Second Team All-Conference

Juvonte Reddic ,VCU

Treveon Graham, VCU

Semaj Christon, XU

Tyreek Duren, LAS

Kevin Dillard, UD

Third Team All-Conference

Darien Brothers, UR

Ronald Roberts, SJU

Kwamain Mitchell, SLU

Jordair Jett, SLU

Travis Taylor, XU

All-Academic

Andrew Smith, BU

Dwayne Evans, SLU

Nemanja Mikic, GW

T.J. DiLeo, TU

Nikola Malesevic, URI

All-Defensive Team

Briante Weber,VCU

Jordair Jett, SLU

Pierria Henry, CHA

Roosevelt Jones, BU

Darius Theus, VCU

All-Rookie Team

Semaj Christon, XU

Kellen Dunham, BU

Derrick Colter, DUQ

Willie Clayton, CHA

Melvin Johnson, VCU

i think KM would agree that mccall deserves his place. glad for kwamain, as he was a trooper in a tough spot. however, i hope mccall comes out with so much HATE in his heart the rest of this season and all of next. like 18PPG HATE. so overshadowed because he's so dependable and consistent. mike mccall is the dude. both offense and defense. against xavier, he hit a big three to bring us back. no 3 ball goggles, no three fingers in the air, no beating on the chest, just got back on defense, and calmly looked up at the scoreboard to see what he needed to do next. easy to forget he was shooting over 50% from three for a good part of the year, and finished at 43%. and we all know about his defense.

-well done, Jimbo

So good I had to share on facebook. Might be the first post from jimbo that can be shared on facebook. I'm pretty sure what he's trying to say here is if you have to play against Mike and the boys, you are going to get your dick smashed.

So good I had to share on facebook. Might be the first post from jimbo that can be shared on facebook. I'm pretty sure what he's trying to say here is if you have to play against Mike and the boys, you are going to get your dick smashed.

i see that. thanks. i was hoping it would get back to him. i'm sure there's tons of people telling him that he deserved more accolades, but he should know it's not just from his friends, teammates and coaches. the fans appreciate him. i don't think any of our players are showboats, whatsoever, but mike especially embodies that silent swagger to a T. he doesn't have to do or say a damn thing. just replace the nets when he wears them out.

i see that. thanks. i was hoping it would get back to him. i'm sure there's tons of people telling him that he deserved more accolades, but he should know it's not just from his friends, teammates and coaches. the fans appreciate him. i don't think any of our players are showboats, whatsoever, but mike especially embodies that silent swagger to a T. he doesn't have to do or say a damn thing. just replace the nets when he wears them out.

McCall, Jett and Evans are so stoic out there. They are just so cool and rarely ever do any showboating. And then it is nice to sprinkle in a few guys who show some emotion like Cody and Grandy. It is a nice mix of skills and personalities.

McCall, Jett and Evans are so stoic out there. They are just so cool and rarely ever do any showboating. And then it is nice to sprinkle in a few guys who show some emotion like Cody and Grandy. It is a nice mix of skills and personalities.

Yeah, SHAFT'S ok. Pretty business-like. B) He doesn't like to lose much...

575534_10151482543661098_984800932_n.jpg