Folks Paying Attention

Taj79

Love that Timmerman mentions this board and it's crashing due to volume during the Butler game in his latest article. If Steve Rogers were alive, he'd probably be basking in the glow of smiling contentment or the fraying of overloaded wires. ****

*** Steve Rogers, to my knowledge, is NOT dead, however, it has been months since he's contacted me and this is when he usually starts hitchhiking up and down the eastern seaboard with me for the conference tourney. It's just, just, just ... that I MISS him so. He must have passed on to a greater life. How else can one explain it??????

Updates: Anthony Lee did nto paly in the Temple/Rhode gam,e because of ahip pointer. He is listed as day-to-day and might take this week's Fordham gam eoff as well.

St. Joe's played without CJ Aiken against Fordham this past Saturday. Martelli cited a bvange dup knee and wrist. Seems he hurt the wrist dunkign at Dayton and reaggravated it in his fall against us last week. Phil si sdispelling local Phill ynotions thatthe Hawks won't fly in Brooklyn.

DeMario Mayfield was permanently kicked off the Charlotte team for detrimental conduct.

Last four out: of the A10 tournament appear to be Duquesne, Rhode Island, Fordham and now Charlotte. If both Charlotte and GeeDub lose out to finish at 6 and 10 (pretty good chances of such) then GeeDub goes and Charlotte goes home. Remember when they were tied for the league lead? Seems like only last week.

Come back, Shane (Steve). Shane (Steve) come back.

Love that Timmerman mentions this board and it's crashing due to volume during the Butler game in his latest article. If Steve Rogers were alive, he'd probably be basking in the glow of smiling contentment or the fraying of overloaded wires. ****

*** Steve Rogers, to my knowledge, is NOT dead, however, it has been months since he's contacted me and this is when he usually starts hitchhiking up and down the eastern seaboard with me for the conference tourney. It's just, just, just ... that I MISS him so. He must have passed on to a greater life. How else can one explain it??????

I saw Steve at Hinkle. He emails me all the time.

taj i too hear from steve all the time and get the handshake whenever he is in st louis. maybe you should donate to the help support the board once in awhile (j/k) and he might show you more love.

also, it might also factor that he is living in nashville tennessee. i think he is taking his run at being a country and western star. i know last time i saw him he had on these big pointy toed cowboy boots, big sideburns, and was chewing on a stalk of wheat.

Why that little SOB ---- sounds like he's made a pre-emptive move and become a WheatShocker. That's handwriting on the wall, I'll say .... but Nashville's the wrong town.

I've seen the great switcheroo tarheel ... where one shirt was actually under the other! I will give him credit, when it came down to head-to-head, his rooting interest grudgingly stayed with the Bills. he had a rough time in AC that one year where GeeDub knocked us out in the semis. I felt so bad leaving him in that dumpster that year .....................

I maybe wrong but I never known (or admit it) Steve to be a big Colonial fan. Even during Hobbs heyday with Elliot and Rice. Remained a loyal Bills fan. B)

i was at a conference tourney in cincy that steve wore his gw tshirt for their game than changed shirts and wore his billiken shirt for our game. he became a full gw man by the time he graduated. dont let him kid you. like taj, i just dont see him in the land of twang. gotta believe it is a temporary duty assignment.

taj correct me if i am wrong, the year you missed the tourney, why it surely wasnt the "miracle in memphis" was it? all those years we were both there seem to run together so i dont remember. you would think i would remember the 12 other folks that were in memphis with me when that tourney started. of course today i bet you would hear hundreds claim to have been there.

@Ace ---- true, but short of the Pops Mensa-Wahoo year and our 20-point fiasco year, our talent has been incrementally better. I will say this ---- Lonergan seems to be a better game coach than Karl Hobbs ever was. We won't be able to count on the dunce on the bench factor from them as much as we used to with Karl. If Mack was playing checkers while Majerus played chess, Hobbs was still searching for fire.

@roy --- yes, I missed the Miracle. Have never been to Memphis short of an airport layover. That was the year me and the other two stooges passed on going. We haven't missed since. This year, unfortunately Cleveland Curly booked the hotel. He did it with his neighbor and he's a Dayton alum. So I'm in the Dayton team hotel, the Hotel Indigo near LIU-Brooklyn. I am praying they are a one-and-done or don't even make it. Most seem to be going for the women's championship because it too is at the Barclay Center and I think the YouDee ladies are Top 15 right now. Our Dayton Moe is in Chicago and not participating this year. We are changing our game plan from the Three Stooges to Butch and Sundance. Yet I feel many Abbott and Costello moments are possible. Can Anita still be found at 1-800-BAILBONDS?

@Ace ---- true, but short of the Pops Mensa-Wahoo year and our 20-point fiasco year, our talent has been incrementally better. I will say this ---- Lonergan seems to be a better game coach than Karl Hobbs ever was. We won't be able to count on the dunce on the bench factor from them as much as we used to with Karl. If Mack was playing checkers while Majerus played chess, Hobbs was still searching for fire.

@roy --- yes, I missed the Miracle. Have never been to Memphis short of an airport layover. That was the year me and the other two stooges passed on going. We haven't missed since. This year, unfortunately Cleveland Curly booked the hotel. He did it with his neighbor and he's a Dayton alum. So I'm in the Dayton team hotel, the Hotel Indigo near LIU-Brooklyn. I am praying they are a one-and-done or don't even make it. Most seem to be going for the women's championship because it too is at the Barclay Center and I think the YouDee ladies are Top 15 right now. Our Dayton Moe is in Chicago and not participating this year. We are changing our game plan from the Three Stooges to Butch and Sundance. Yet I feel many Abbott and Costello moments are possible. Can Anita still be found at 1-800-BAILBONDS?

Lost in the 20-point fiasco is the fact that just a few weeks later, we beat the crap out GW at the Scottrade. I believe the score was like 60-somthing to 39. Also, one of our trips to GW just happened to be the year following "the situation" so we were not very good that year.

Don't listen to andy strickland and charlie tuna for analysis of SLU. Charlie doesn't think we have enough brothas on the team to be any good and andy claims delmar gardens is running a shuttle to our games based on the age of our fanbase. They will be off the air soon.