Bills by 12 over Loyola

The Wiz

While this should be a win, this game does not fall into the cupcake category. This will be the toughest game of the 6 game potential winning streak. Loyola is C rated. Like most C rated teams they are inconsistent. They had a good game last night losing a close one (73-70) to Ole Miss after trailing by 13. Ole Miss is an A rated team....Better than SEC conference rivals Ky or Mizzou. So we can't take Loyola for granted. On the other hand they have lost some games they should have won....Long Beach St (D+) beat them and they lost to Alaska-Anchorage. The Sea Wolves are a ranked team BUT a Div II ranked team.

So we should win by 12....A danger sign would be to let them hang close deep into the game. This is not a game where we can open up a lead and then let up. We need to keep the foot on the gas pedal and finish.

While this should be a win, this game does not fall into the cupcake category. This will be the toughest game of the 6 game potential winning streak. Loyola is C rated. Like most C rated teams they are inconsistent. They had a good game last night losing a close one (73-70) to Ole Miss after trailing by 13. Ole Miss is an A rated team....Better than SEC conference rivals Ky or Mizzou. So we can't take Loyola for granted. On the other hand they have lost some games they should have won....Long Beach St (D+) beat them and they lost to Alaska-Anchorage. The Sea Wolves are a ranked team BUT a Div II ranked team.

So we should win by 12....A danger sign would be to let them hang close deep into the game. This is not a game where we can open up a lead and then let up. We need to keep the foot on the gas pedal and finish.

Wow, I hate mizzou as much as the next fellow, but do really think Ole Miss is better than the tiggers?

No way Ole Miss is better than Missouri. Based on what I saw last night, if we don't beat Loyola, we are going to struggle in conference play. They struggled on the road against a mediocre Missippi team last.

Hmm...Without taking this thread off track...too much

Ole Miss (A rated...8-1) barely beat Loyola our next opponent. I realize that some would not realize Ole Miss was a good team ( a correct assumption) and compared them to conference rivals Ky and Mizzou. All 3 are A rated ...it is close but that comparison shows this is not your father's Ole Miss. If the Jan 12 Ole Miss game against Mizzou were held today ....Ole Miss by 6....maybe Mizzou wins all their games between now and Jan.12 and they will be favored but as of today Ole Miss is the better team.

And back to the point of the thread....Loyola was able to stay with an A rated team....If the Bills are to win they must bring their A game (or at least their B game)

Hmm...Without taking this thread off track...too much

Ole Miss (A rated...8-1) barely beat Loyola our next opponent. I realize that some would not realize Ole Miss was a good team ( a correct assumption) and compared them to conference rivals Ky and Mizzou. All 3 are A rated ...it is close but that comparison shows this is not your father's Ole Miss. If the Jan 12 Ole Miss game against Mizzou were held today ....Ole Miss by 6....maybe Mizzou wins all their games between now and Jan.12 and they will be favored but as of today Ole Miss is the better team.

And back to the point of the thread....Loyola was able to stay with an A rated team....If the Bills are to win they must bring their A game (or at least their B game)

So you give an A rating to a team that scores 62 points in a loss to Middle Tennessee?

I bet Middle Tennessee is at least an A- team on the Wiz's rankings.

You are correct waldo027....MTSU is an A rated team. I knew someone was going to play the MTSU card when I mentioned Ole Miss being a good team. No shame losing to MTSU. They will be dancing in March and if I am in the tourney I wouldn't want to face them in the first round. It is just more "ratings prejudice"... a school can't be any good if they are a directional school...or can they? It was just last January when we were still unrated and not burning up the track when I declared the Bills an A rated team. There were not only doubters but they were from our own board. So I guess it is no surprise when people don't realize that an Ole Miss or a MTSU may be good teams. I just wish people would stop looking at ratings and rankings in a rearview mirror and give teams credit for what they are doing now.

Lions are not deep, have no inside presence and turn the ball over frequently. If the Billikens key on Anthony Ireland at the point, everything else stops and Billikens beat the spread by 25. They're tired and depressed after losing to Mississippi, taking finals and the quick trip to St. Louis. Will the game sell out? Any links - can't get FSN mid west.?

Lions are not deep, have no inside presence and turn the ball over frequently. If the Billikens key on Anthony Ireland at the point, everything else stops and Billikens beat the spread by 25. They're tired and depressed after losing to Mississippi, taking finals and the quick trip to St. Louis. Will the game sell out? Any links - can't get FSN mid west.?

Normally media thread goes up right before the game.

You are correct waldo027....MTSU is an A rated team. I knew someone was going to play the MTSU card when I mentioned Ole Miss being a good team. No shame losing to MTSU. They will be dancing in March and if I am in the tourney I wouldn't want to face them in the first round. It is just more "ratings prejudice"... a school can't be any good if they are a directional school...or can they? It was just last January when we were still unrated and not burning up the track when I declared the Bills an A rated team. There were not only doubters but they were from our own board. So I guess it is no surprise when people don't realize that an Ole Miss or a MTSU may be good teams. I just wish people would stop looking at ratings and rankings in a rearview mirror and give teams credit for what they are doing now.

Is Indiana State an A rated team?

Is Indiana State an A rated team?

ISU is a B- team...a great win for them in OT. No shame to Ole Miss who had a chance to win it in the final second. This game would not qualify as an upset. I usually like a 2 letter ratings jump.