SIUC GDT

SluSignGuy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be all criticism, unless he's commending the 6 guys who played the entire game, including a crippled JJ, for busting their asses. Their tallest guy was what, 6'6", and we leave our 7-footer on the bench the entire game (as they are pounding us on the boards). Feel good win.

You ever think Manning might not be close to being ready yet?

It should be all criticism, unless he's commending the 6 guys who played the entire game, including a crippled JJ, for busting their asses. Their tallest guy was what, 6'6", and we leave our 7-footer on the bench the entire game (as they are pounding us on the boards). Feel good win.

+517

I must have missed the moments Manning has looked like Bill Russell out there.

Come'on man. You're just being a contrarian. The team is struggling for bodies and you're defending the decision NOT to play John Manning. Do you remember when Grandy Glaze played the first couple of games? I forgot he looked like Barkley out there.

Oh, and don't worry - Jared Drew will play just enough to blow his redshirt year. WTF is Crews doing?

I must have missed the moments Manning has looked like Bill Russell out there.

If we are going to find out if he's a player, it's going to be against the SIUCs of the world, if no one else... Did you actually like what you saw out there from the other bigs? From the team as a whole? Against a zone defense? We played 6 guys (and JJ, who shouldn't have been out there at all). But yea, it's nuts to ask why JM didn't play. Bill Russell comparisons aside.

This is like the fans of a football team screaming to start the back up qb. Look, Loe hasn't been great (although he was pretty decent tonight). That said, why does anyone think that at this time Manning is going to fix anything?

The thing that will fix this team is getting healthy.

This is like the fans of a football team screaming to start the back up qb. Look, Loe hasn't been great (although he was pretty decent tonight). That said, why does anyone think that at this time Manning is going to fix anything?

Loe was along way from decent tonight. His D was so awful

1) Because the Coach says he needs to play more, but apparently only remembers after the game

2) Because it doesn't just have to be Loe OR Manning. They can play together

3) Because the team had 6 healthy players

4) Because Manning wasn't been terrible in the one game where he DID get minutes.

5) Because the team's interior defense is terrible.

I just read the last two pages of the GDT, and I'm assuming we lost by 15, right? Calm down, juniors. You don't have to love Crews, but he's who we've got right now. I'm also certain he's forgotten more about basketball than most of us will ever know. We are pretty short handed right now.

1) Because the Coach says he needs to play more, but apparently only remembers after the game

2) Because it doesn't just have to be Loe OR Manning. They can play together

3) Because the team had 6 healthy players

4) Because the Coach played someone who was supposed to be red-shirting before he played Manning.

5) Because Manning wasn't been terrible in the one game where he DID get minutes.

6) Because the team's interior defense is terrible.

You can't know anything if he doesn't play at all? Can you really disagree with any of these clearly laid out reasons? Loe looked good for the first 5 minutes of the second half, that's it.

I think people are being overly negative today. We led the entire game despite being undermanned, especially with Dwayne in foul trouble.

I chose to focus on some of the positives. DE looked solid. Mike Had 9 points, 8 assists, 3 steals and 2 turnovers. Considering we don't push the ball much 8 assists is really good. Cory once again looked solid I thought; his dunk was fun.

Loe played awful for a large part of the game, very weak with the ball. But he did play much better towards the end I think. Grabbed some boards and got fouled twice trying to post up.

Not a great game but let's get healthy and see what we have against Washington. I don't think it was a horrible performance.

I just read the last two pages of the GDT, and I'm assuming we lost by 15, right? Calm down, juniors. You don't have to love Crews, but he's who we've got right now. I'm also certain he's forgotten more about basketball than most of us will ever know. We are pretty short handed right now.

Why, should we have to wait to get embarrassed at home again a la the Santa Clara game? SIUC is terrible. Horrible, & they played us even for 35 minutes. That is cause for concern. Sorry.

Why, should we have to wait to get embarrassed at home again a la the Santa Clara game? SIUC is terrible. Horrible, & they played us even for 35 minutes. That is cause for concern. Sorry.

No offense but we were up 17 with 3 minutes to go. We are under manned at the moment, we just need to get healthy to get rolling

I'm not trying to be negative; I'm just trying to figure out why Manning isn't playing. Oh, and some of Crew's decisions are truly baffling. They don't make any sense and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

I'll always enjoy a Bills victory.

we were lucky to be playing a horrible siu. we got out rebounded badly. our offense for some reason has continued to be a standfest. if we dont hit the 3's tonite we would have really been in trouble.

i question why jett played as much as he did. he is obviously playing way less than full speed. and a crippled jett doesnt do us much good imo. plus, his playing is not going to heal that groin injury.

i did see some coaching progress though. we had a rebounder for our free throws tonite. still not two guys, but we are moving in the right direction.

band was spectacular tonite.