Manning

Fansince59

Does anyone believe John Manning will see significant minutes this season? I was hoping he would see more time last night. Last year some posters thought he would be a force this year. CR didnt play last night. The fact that JM did not play until the final minute appears to be meaningful. Right now I don't see him contributing a lot. Hope I am wrong.

Rammer noted last night that Crews said the matchup for Manning was not good, that USC-Upstate had too many 6'7" athletic types that didn't bode well in terms of Manning matching up. Crews also was asked about Glaze's minues which were improbable at best but with Remekun down, Glaze's style and game matched up better against SC-Upstate than Manning. It was said in a "next man up" kind of summation and also talked about how one has to be ready to play to the hand one is dealt. And each player has to prep as if they are going to get the call.

Manning did fine enough against Rockhurst. The book is not closed. I can see him battling against Umass, Xavier,La Salle and others as we move forward.

Keep this in mind. We are used to Majerus 8 or 9 man rotation which was set in stone at the start of the season. Crews' lineups will be much more variable. I would bet that every eligible player will have a couple games this season with 10 or more minutes that aren't during mop up duty.

in the meaningless buy games that skip, bizzle and two baby blues could win, i agree. but when we get to conference play and everyone is healthy, i think the rotation might be even shorter. might be 7 players. the division in ready to contribute talent on this roster is large imo. top 7 are national worthy. the rest are not.

in the meaningless buy games that skip, bizzle and two baby blues could win, i agree. but when we get to conference play and everyone is healthy, i think the rotation might be even shorter. might be 7 players. the division in ready to contribute talent on this roster is large imo. top 7 are national worthy. the rest are not.

I think 8, including Carter.

Carter will be good, but he is far behind mccall, jett and mitchell right now. And in the event of foul situations i would go big with evans and ellis and loe or remeken before id go carter