Butler to a-10 official per ESPN/Katz

interesting that one of the first quotes by butler officials insinuated that the exposure to the A-10 would be good for their student recruitment. wonder where we have heard that before.

there is nothing bad about butler joining the A-10 that i can see. right now i am more excited about the A-10 than at any time since we joined the conference.

there is nothing bad about butler joining the A-10 that i can see. right now i am more excited about the A-10 than at any time since we joined the conference.

According to Tommy T Butler is SLU's closest conference opponent since Evansville in 1992.

I'll choose. It's number 3, obviously. You must have pretty thin skin to whip out "idiot" because a poster didn't know you were a credible source and ribbed you a little. Then you overreact to Cowboy for suggesting you could have handled it differently.

For PB:

"Creighton, of the Missouri Valley Conference, also has been mentioned as a possibility for the Atlantic 10. Father Timothy Lannon, Creighton's president since 2011, was previously president for eight years at St. Joseph's, so there's a political connection between the league and the school. However, Creighton – the only Catholic university in the MVC – is a poor geographical fit, so the Blue Jays might be a long shot."

http://www.cbssports...oin-atlantic-10

Here is BlueJay board discussing it:

http://creighton.riv...id=1209&style=2

thanks for the quotes.... creighton would be excellent to have in the league

you may have missed some of this since you are new - some of the posters get on here and don't realize who has some real info and then act foolishly and then they don't post. i can name at least 5 posters with good sources of info who have quit sharing because they get fed up with the nonsense.

Which part:

1. The part where I said CU made contact,

2. The part I said I reported it,

3. The part I told PB to quit being an idiot after he insulted me.

Choose.

-2 and 3

-where is the insult? i don't know what is behind the ######

Looking at the CU board that was posted I had to chuckle at the guy who suggested that maybe the MVC could get SLU and Butler to join them since it would be a great geography fit and if that happened maybe Dayton and X would come also - talk about a guy out of touch. Why would anybody leave a multibid league for one that basically is a one bid conf. I should mention that others on the board were quick to point out that was a boat that had sailed long ago. I also thought it was interesting that they were talking about how the MVC was caught flatfooted and the A10 was being proactive. Now maybe the curtain will have been opened and Elgin will not be seen as the Wizard everyone seemed to think he was.

This is great news. Anything to make us a stronger conference. Was always glad we joined the A-10, but still missed the old CUSA, that was a good conference. But now the A-10's the power behind the big 6.

In conjunction w/ the other thread about Fr. B, hopefully adding Butler and hearing CU might also want to jump will wake him up and know that we have to do everything to keep RM here as long as he wants to coach. Now is not the time to end up fodder to the likes of X, Butler, Dayton, and possibly CU. As I understand CU's situation, they can hit up the richest man in America for a small donation anytime they need a little chump change.

This is great news. Anything to make us a stronger conference. Was always glad we joined the A-10, but still missed the old CUSA, that was a good conference. But now the A-10's the power behind the big 6.

In conjunction w/ the other thread about Fr. B, hopefully adding Butler and hearing CU might also want to jump will wake him up and know that we have to do everything to keep RM here as long as he wants to coach. Now is not the time to end up fodder to the likes of X, Butler, Dayton, and possibly CU. As I understand CU's situation, they can hit up the richest man in America for a small donation anytime they need a little chump change.

Surely you jest. I didn't know atheists and Catholics got along so well.