OT - 2012 Final Four 2012

Off-Topic since we aren't in it, but certainly of interest.

No point spreads or analyses; at this level they don't count for much.

On the other hand, personal preferences & prejudices are always in order.

Louisville and Ohio State are in, of course. I have no feelings about either.

I favor Baylor > Kentucky in the current game because I'd like to see the cats go down ASAP as a matter of principle. At the moment, looks like Baylor doesn't feel that strongly about it.

Later today, I like Kansas > UNC because I appreciated Bill Self in his time at Illinois, and I'd like our co-host at the CBE next fall to be as highly regarded as possible.

(Sorry about the redundant "2012" in topic)

Edited by Prairie Bill

Well, Louisville has a job to do for me.

Meanwhile, UNC/Kansas looks like it will be worth watching. Tied at 28 as I press enter, 9 min to the half.

(Nice to see Billiken logos on the host court. I assume we make some $$ for handling arrangements.)

Can't understand it ... Kansas wins 80-67, but at halftime Barkley & the other analysts said it couldn't be done. (Self said they just needed to run the "D" as they are supposed to do, but he's no expert). Sound familiar? We are in for a real treat next fall, if we actually confront them.

Why schedule paper Tigers, if you can play with real Jayhawks?

Absolutely!

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

This has to be Mizzou's greatest nightmare: Lose to a de facto Division 2 team, SLU beats Memphis and takes #1 seeded Michigan State to the mat, then KU goes to the Final Four in St. Louis with Billiken logos painted on both ends of the court.

SLU should court this alliance with Kansas. Even if Bill Self is dictating terms, by reportedly insisting that SLU be CBE Championship Game, let's have SLU make the CBE Championship. That should be very doable.

SLU should court this alliance with Kansas. Even if Bill Self is dictating terms, by reportedly insisting that SLU be CBE Championship Game, let's have SLU make the CBE Championship. That should be very doable.

I wouldn't have it any other way. KU/SLU should be the 1/2 seeds in this mini-tourney, and bracketed accordingly. That also means we should play a much lesser team (TBA) in the first round game we host at Chaifetz.

Well all 4 of the teams I picked in the bracket made it to the FF. How is everyone else doing? Are you still in the the running in your pool BRM?

I have 3 of 4 (I didn't have Louisville.) My championship game is OSU against Kentucky with Kentucky winning it. My total points for the final game is 145. Not sure I have a chance to win my pool as the Michigan State region really wrecked my bracket something fierce!

Well all 4 of the teams I picked in the bracket made it to the FF. How is everyone else doing? Are you still in the the running in your pool BRM?

Wiz,

Nice job picking all four Final Four teams! Very impressive!

I'm in the 81st percentile in the ESPN pool using your picks. Not bad. If Ohio St. wins it all, I'll finish 3rd in my office pool (and I'll owe you that drink).

Wiz,

Nice job picking all four Final Four teams! Very impressive!

I'm in the 81st percentile in the ESPN pool using your picks. Not bad. If Ohio St. wins it all, I'll finish 3rd in my office pool (and I'll owe you that drink).

Nice job BRM.

In my office pool I am 1st out of over 100 entries. If Louisville beats Ky on Sat. I win no matter who wins on Mon. Even though Ky will be favored by the pundits (and by me ...Ky by 7 1/2) I chose Louisville not only because recent numbers suggest they have a good chance to win but more importantly for pool strategy. I knew if it was close, everyone would choose Ky and if I chose Lville the odds would be in my favor. ...and that is exactly what happened. Bottomline I have traded the 7 1/2 points for 50 to 1 odds. Seems like a good risk to reward ratio.

I am getting ready to head to New Orleans in a couple of days. I will cheer for the Ville in the first game and OSU in the 2nd. Hopefully we both win something.

For those of you who may never have met the Wiz, he looks like a Wiz especially w/ that tall pointy hat he wears. Nice going, Wiz, you belong on ESPN. And while I'm no fan of either RP or JC, I hope UL kicks UK's NBA bound butts back to Lexington. I'll bet KY's frosh aren't even flying back to Lexington, JC probably got 'em all tickets to their home bases. What a joke he's making out of college hoops.

Nice job BRM.

In my office pool I am 1st out of over 100 entries. If Louisville beats Ky on Sat. I win no matter who wins on Mon. Even though Ky will be favored by the pundits (and by me ...Ky by 7 1/2) I chose Louisville not only because recent numbers suggest they have a good chance to win but more importantly for pool strategy. I knew if it was close, everyone would choose Ky and if I chose Lville the odds would be in my favor. ...and that is exactly what happened. Bottomline I have traded the 7 1/2 points for 50 to 1 odds. Seems like a good risk to reward ratio.

I am getting ready to head to New Orleans in a couple of days. I will cheer for the Ville in the first game and OSU in the 2nd. Hopefully we both win something.

Hey Wiz, what are you doing next March? We should go to Vegas.

Hey Wiz, what are you doing next March? We should go to Vegas.

March and Oct are usually the 2 months I don't go to Vegas. (I try to go to March Madness and Cardinal baseball playoffs those months). Next March I will be at the Geargia Dome watching the Bills play in the Final 4..

I can't help myself. Last week I looked up the 2013 tournament sites:

First Round (play-in games): Dayton (UD Arena)

Second/Third Rounds:

Salt Lake City (Energy Solutions Arena)

Austin (Frank Erwin Center)

San Jose (HP Pavilion)

Auburn Hills (Palace of Auburn Hills)

Lexington (Rupp Arena)

Kansas City (Sprint Center)

Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)

And......Dayton (UD Arena- can they really host this round after the play-in games?!)

Regionals: Indianapolis, Arlington, Los Angeles, and TBD (supposed to be NYC, working on the arena; might also be Syracuse)

Final Four: Atlanta

I can't help myself. Last week I looked up the 2013 tournament sites:

First Round (play-in games): Dayton (UD Arena)

Second/Third Rounds:

Salt Lake City (Energy Solutions Arena)

Austin (Frank Erwin Center)

San Jose (HP Pavilion)

Auburn Hills (Palace of Auburn Hills)

Lexington (Rupp Arena)

Kansas City (Sprint Center)

Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)

And......Dayton (UD Arena- can they really host this round after the play-in games?!)

Regionals: Indianapolis, Arlington, Los Angeles, and TBD (supposed to be NYC, working on the arena; might also be Syracuse)

Final Four: Atlanta

I would probably travel to any of those locations.

I can't believe Dayton gets so many tournament games in that cesspool of an arena they have.

I would probably travel to any of those locations.

I can't believe Dayton gets so many tournament games in that cesspool of an arena they have.

I actually kind of like UD Arena. The U-shaped ceiling makes it loud in there. From the floor, you can't see past the 20th row or so, and the students are loud and right on the visiting team at the north end. They sell beer. The only downside for me is that it's not quite on campus and surrounded by parking lots; I like arenas right on campus or in downtown.

I'm just surprised that UD Arena can host rounds after the play-in games. I figured there was a minimum seat requirement higher than 14,000-15,000.