Thorton calls out Conklin

Yep. MSU was no better than Richmond. They'd get 4th or 5th in the A-10 if they were lucky.

This is hilarious. You really feel that the Atlantic 10 is superior to the Big 10? I can tell you that 25% of the Sweet 16 bracket is filled with Big 10 teams with a fifth team beating a 2 seed as I type this. How many Atlantic 10 teams are left? Dust off the sand and get ready for your favorite SEC football team's season to start.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hilarious. You really feel that the Atlantic 10 is superior to the Big 10? I can tell you that 25% of the Sweet 16 bracket is filled with Big 10 teams with a fifth team beating a 2 seed as I type this. How many Atlantic 10 teams are left? Dust off the sand and get ready for your favorite SEC football team's season to start.

Tomorrow is Monday, time for you to put on your paper hat and grab your spatula. Have a nice day...

The only difference I saw between a very good team like MSU and a middle of the road team is their ability to make shots off the dribble.

Please. MSU was the best team in the best conference. With Dawson MSU wins the national championship. Don't sell your team short. You played us tough and had a great chance to win. Your shots just didn't fall when you need them to.

Glad to see that you agree. We hit our shots and the better team wins. Thanks for checking in.

I'm actually packing my bags; Heading to Arizona for a few days.

Won't be as nice as here in Nevis. Besides, your training at Jack in the Box in Phoenix will be great fun before getting back to the grind in....Detroit.

Maybe the worst offensive game of the season and maybe the best defensive game of the season. Just sucks losing to a program that calls themselves "The Tradition."

Spartan Nation did not come up with that name. Blame the message boards. Blame the blogs. Blame the media. Do not blame The Tradish.

You're right, now that I think about it MSU probably gets 8th or 9th in the A-10, at best.

Sunglasses, fellas.... were gonna need em :)

I hope Conk sits as near as highmark does sometimes at the fetz. Every time I see him, I smile at the memories he created :)

Be happy with what were doing, billiboarders.

MSU fans, if you cant say something nice... eat it.

We are in their heads and they have been exposed. Pitino will dissect this game footage and u of L will take Sparty by 12 in the desert.

+1

Him and Green are douchers

your team will be back too. they were the 2nd best team we played this year IMO

I think we played decent. Just didn't maKe shots. but I attribute a lot of that to the very physical play of the spartans. Even tho theb refs did blow the whistle, they could have called a whole lot more. The brand of rugby mich state plays is enough the get theiir opponents out of sync when shooting. In the back of the billikens mind they are thinking about the contact that's coming.

This is why I didn't want anything to do with them. Personally I think they are going to win the tourney. Green is a man. As big and strong as he is, he is also very good with the ball and a pretty good shooter.

Great season by the billikens. Nothing to hang their heads about. Took the game down to the end and never gave up. Just didn't get a couple of breaks we needed.

Yep, didn't make the shots. Thanks for the kind words upperdeckkid and best of luck.

Eh, don't worry about some other team's players or message board posters. It's been a hell of a season that we'll be talking about for years to come, and we have an incredibly bright future ahead of us.

Indeed.

Posted Image

You're right, now that I think about it MSU probably gets 8th or 9th in the A-10, at best.

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I thought the Michigan State fans would have more class than the Memphis fans. I was wrong about that.

As I was crossing the bridge over the river to an auxiliary parking unit, some of the Stay Classy Sparty crew were taunting "What's a Billiken?" Well, I responded:

"It's a mythological creature, much like a Spartan."

Our very own ET would have been proud. History lessons.

Overall, if we couldn't beat Michigan State, we sure exposed several of their weaknesses which will be exploited by Pitino. They are not the World Beaters the folks at CBS think they are.

Great game - nothing to be ashamed about. We are back.

I think we, SLU, would beat Sparty 9 out of 10 times - they just happened to win the one (out of ten).

They are an overrated program. They'd easily finish in the bottom half in the A-10. Think about it, they have 10 Sweet 16's, Six Final Fours and a National Championship in the last 15 years. I know that may be more than the ENTIRE A-10 conference, but they would likely place them in the bottom half of the A-10.

Oh, they want to compare academics...don't get me started. For crying out loud, we're SLU.

Thornton, who can't take a little assault that Conklin administered. Sparty is just lucky they didn't call this game like they should have, we may have lost by 20, errr...we would have won by 20.