Thorton calls out Conklin

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conklin completed more academic hours in 4 years than the MSU starters did combined and he did it with honors. At the end of the day, I doubt Michigan State will win this tournament and they'll all end up working at one of Conklin's companies. No biggie.

Did that make you feel better? Are you Conklin's mom?

I hated Thornton from the first minute. Told my buddy from the first shot he took that he looked like a *****. Turned out to be very true.

As far as the refs: I thought it was pretty even. The ball clearly went of CR at one point, but they gave the ball to the Bills. The "flagrant foul" wasn't flagrant. CE was on his heals and got bumped. Still could have been a foul, but not flagrant. And KM did get fouled on that 3, but you will see that every game, def wasn't ignored on purpose. Out of the games I've watched this year, I believe this is one of the fairest reffed games.

I was expecting us to get screwed and thought that the officiating was pretty good overall. I think you could complain about the flagrant, as much as I don't like the rule, it is the rule and that should have been called and the contact on Mitchell on the 3, but not much beyond that.

i'm a professional living in san diego... doing quite well tyvm

i'm a professional living in san diego... doing quite well tyvm

Tell yourself whatever you want. Some day you can aspire to our level. Won't happen, but you can hope.

That is what hurts the most. We were in the game until the final whistle while shooting so poorly.

Congrats on a great season guys. We in New Mexico feel your pain. We went down playing well but shooting very poorly. We also have a very similar fan situation, I think. We're heartbroken.

Congrats on a great season guys. We in New Mexico feel your pain. We went down playing well but shooting very poorly. We also have a very similar fan situation, I think. We're heartbroken.

your team will be back too. they were the 2nd best team we played this year IMO

We lost. We missed five free throws, one or two were the front ends of one-and-ones, and we blew a number of layups. All in all, as B1G Ten champs, I wasn't that impressed. Green was money. Appling made enough shots to negate Majerus' playing Evans off him. Otherwise, just another team --- nothing more and quite a lot less. Don't see that team winning a national title.

We lost. We missed five free throws, one or two were the front ends of one-and-ones, and we blew a number of layups. All in all, as B1G Ten champs, I wasn't that impressed. Green was money. Appling made enough shots to negate Majerus' playing Evans off him. Otherwise, just another team --- nothing more and quite a lot less. Don't see that team winning a national title.

In many ways, this is what is disappointing. This was a pretty average team in terms of the good teams we have faced. If we hit our shots like usual, we win this game by 10 or more. I almost would have preferred to have been blown out by a great team than to barely lose to a mediocre team because WE shot poorly as opposed to how well they played.

In many ways, this is what is disappointing. This was a pretty average team in terms of the good teams we have faced. If we hit our shots like usual, we win this game by 10 or more. I almost would have preferred to have been blown out by a great team than to barely lose to a mediocre team because WE shot poorly as opposed to how well they played.

Please. MSU was the best team in the best conference. With Dawson MSU wins the national championship. Don't sell your team short. You played us tough and had a great chance to win. Your shots just didn't fall when you need them to.

I think we played decent. Just didn't maKe shots. but I attribute a lot of that to the very physical play of the spartans. Even tho theb refs did blow the whistle, they could have called a whole lot more. The brand of rugby mich state plays is enough the get theiir opponents out of sync when shooting. In the back of the billikens mind they are thinking about the contact that's coming.

This is why I didn't want anything to do with them. Personally I think they are going to win the tourney. Green is a man. As big and strong as he is, he is also very good with the ball and a pretty good shooter.

Great season by the billikens. Nothing to hang their heads about. Took the game down to the end and never gave up. Just didn't get a couple of breaks we needed.

As for the non-flagrant foul, what was missed by the announcers as the reviewed it was that it was a foul, that was not called, Ellis fell down as a result of the contact, the elbow was not above the shoulders, but as could be seen over and over again it was a foul that was not called! Did we lose because of it no, but it demonstrates the uphill battle that team like SLU faces.