SLU PLAYS MEMPHIS

SLU7881

Majerus will have them ready and Ben Weixlmann tweeted that they're gonna watch the Xavier-Memphis tape tonight. I'm glad we play Friday. Give us an extra day to prepare.

As Wiz said, this is not a great draw for us. However, playing on Friday is a HUGE benefit. Another day for Rick and staff to prepare is worth at least a couple of points, from my experience.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Wiz said, this is not a great draw for us. However, playing on Friday is a HUGE benefit. Another day for Rick and staff to prepare is worth at least a couple of points, from my experience.

Agreed....RM has a great record in first round games and really anytime he has at least a few days to prepare.

Agreed....RM has a great record in first round games and really anytime he has at least a few days to prepare.

Wiz - need your top 25 (or more) so I can fill out my bracket. I've been impressed with your work this season, and I would like to use your expertise for some bracket benefit

I know everyone is happy in that video, but the guys seems to genuinely like Harriman. After listening to him over the course of the season, i'm very impressed with him. I hope he stays with SLU (and doesn't bolt for some lower level head coaching job at some point) for the foreseeable future.

I know everyone is happy in that video, but the guys seems to genuinely like Harriman. After listening to him over the course of the season, i'm very impressed with him. I hope he stays with SLU (and doesn't bolt for some lower level head coaching job at some point) for the foreseeable future.

And again, ditto. He is a class act. He is very good on the post game shows. The guy has presence and I like the fact that Rick choose him to coach when he mixed up his pills. That says something even if he was the scout for the game.

SECOND ROUND GAMES

FRIDAY EVENING, MARCH 16 (6:30 PM-12:00 AM, ET)

(Announce and Production teams same as day games)

6:50 PM TBS Columbus III Memphis vs. Saint Louis

7:15 PM CBS Greensboro III Duke vs. Lehigh

7:20 PM TNT Nashville III Michigan vs. Ohio

7:27 PM truTV Omaha III St. Mary’s (CA) vs. Purdue

after conc. III TBS Columbus IV Michigan State vs. LIU Brooklyn

after conc. III CBS Greensboro IV Notre Dame vs. Xavier

after conc. III TNT Nashville IV Temple vs. California/South Florida

after conc. III truTV Omaha IV Kansas vs. Detroit

http://news.turner.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=5998

Memphis has been destroying ppl as of late...last 7 games have been 18+ pt blowouts. But RickMa is 10-1 in first round games. In rick I trust.

tulsa, ucf, marshall, east carolina, utep, tulane, uab

this is barely a division 1 conf.

if they didn't destroy these teams i'd be surprised

three of those teams even had winning records. memphis hasn't played a real team since they played xavier on february 4th and they only beat them by 4 at home. we should kill memphis.

SECOND ROUND GAMES

FRIDAY EVENING, MARCH 16 (6:30 PM-12:00 AM, ET)

(Announce and Production teams same as day games)

6:50 PM TBS Columbus III Memphis vs. Saint Louis

7:15 PM CBS Greensboro III Duke vs. Lehigh

7:20 PM TNT Nashville III Michigan vs. Ohio

7:27 PM truTV Omaha III St. Mary’s (CA) vs. Purdue

after conc. III TBS Columbus IV Michigan State vs. LIU Brooklyn

after conc. III CBS Greensboro IV Notre Dame vs. Xavier

after conc. III TNT Nashville IV Temple vs. California/South Florida

after conc. III truTV Omaha IV Kansas vs. Detroit

http://news.turner.c...article_id=5998

No freaking way! I would have the Black keys concert that night...

Very good point. CUSA is not full of top 50 RPI teams (not that the A10 is), but it is not like they did this in the Big 12 or Big 10 or BE or the SEC. Nonetheless, this will be a tough game.

All of the rankings we have been hanging our hat on regarding how we good we are .... have them better than us. This will be a tough game, we will have to control the pace and not have moments where we think we can out score them. We'll need to be patient and get the ball inside. We also can't have DE getting 2 fouls in the 1st 10 minutes or less

We also can't have DE getting 2 fouls in the 1st 10 minutes or less

I agree completely. We were a completely different team in our two A-10 tournament games during the stretches when DE had to ride the bench with foul trouble.

"SLU will zone it up.....for sure.....have to make shots and rebound the ball. Man 2 Man they can't guard us......Black has to stay on the court...PERIOD."

Im guessing this Memphis fan has never seen SLU or a RM team play.

Memphis will kill us because they were a bunch of 4 and 5 star guys in high school and ours were a bunch of 1 and 2 stars.