Bracketology Update

All these mid major tourney championships matter to us. 1. If we lay an egg in our tourney we could find ourselves on the bubble if too many of these lower tier conf have to send 2 or 3 teams. 2. If we find ourselves doing well in our tourney then we can be seeded higher due to several teams who were not suppose to get in winning their tourney. 3. If X can get in somehow that makes the A10 better off since we now get 3 teams in and more money for the conf plus a higher profile.

I would not mind crushing X's NCAA chances in the A10 tournament. The Muskateers fans already hate this team, let's send them to the NIT officially.

the odds of beating any team three times are pretty low, but because of that, I don't think it would cost us much. having to make room for extra team does.

the odds of beating any team three times are pretty low, but because of that, I don't think it would cost us much. having to make room for extra team does.

I hope kwyjibo is watching and can give us a Bayesian take on this. I don't think the odds of winning a game go down just because you're playing a team three times; instead, the odds of beating a team three times are so low because the odds of playing a team three times start out extremely low.

Since we don't have to beat them 3 times going forward just once our odds are good in that we will be favored. "IF" we play X ...the Bills by about 6 or about a 70% chance of winning.

I hope kwyjibo is watching and can give us a Bayesian take on this. I don't think the odds of winning a game go down just because you're playing a team three times; instead, the odds of beating a team three times are so low because the odds of playing a team three times start out extremely low.

Exactly. We hear the we don't want to play X again because it's hard to beat a team 3 times all the time and it's complete bunk. The odds don't change but people remember the 30% of the time that an upset should happen and forget the 70% of the time that the better team wins as it should. My numbers are made up of course....

I just want to avoid that 8 or 9 seed. I don't want to see a 1 seed in the second round. I don't want to see Syracuse, Kentucky, North Carolina or Kansas in the first round. Sorry Mizzou, you are a 2. So are you Duke.

Would love a 6 or 7 seed. And I much rather get "screwed" and end up as a 10 or 11 rather than an 8 or 9.

I just want to avoid that 8 or 9 seed. I don't want to see a 1 seed in the second round. I don't want to see Syracuse, Kentucky, North Carolina or Kansas in the first round. Sorry Mizzou, you are a 2. So are you Duke.

Would love a 6 or 7 seed. And I much rather get "screwed" and end up as a 10 or 11 rather than an 8 or 9.

I think a loss to LaSalle or Richmond drop us to a 10 or 11. Never root against the Bills but knowing that we are in (IMO) makes life much less stressful.