Atlantic City - Who's Going?

TO ALL CONCERNED: when you come into Boardwalk Hall off the boards or up from the bowels of the parking garage, you enter the main lobby. Usually, off to the right, are booths set up with the school banners with reps from the schools there. These folks can direct you to one of the meeting rooms off that lobby where SLU usually will stage a pre-game get-together to muster fans and get ready. I think it's about 60 or 90 minutes before the tip. These gatherings usually include finger foods and a cash bar (if memory serves). Plus, as we advance further into the weekend, attendance grows. These gatherings usually include the AD and staff, cheerleaders, the Billiken and alumni reps like Meg Connelly or someone. The good Fr. Biondi is there if in town as well.

SEATING: the group usually, depsite ticket seat numbers, migrates to a general area right behind the team bench for the game. Ushers are everywhere but if you act like you know what you're doing and you are wearing blue and following the herd, no one does anything much more than smile and say goodluck. Now, you might be sitting in an actual ticket hodlers' seat but it is usally put aside with a sorry, a smile and move over a saeat or two. Of course, if this is a game in a later session, it can be a little tougher to do that.

PARKING: if you are driving in, be advised the parking garage for Boardwalk Hall events closes like 60 minutes after the final buzzer or midnight, whichever is more doable. So, if you're going across the boards to the bars at Caeser's Pier or down the street to the Tropicana's Quarter, I advise you park in their parking facilities and go from there. Parking rates are like $5 at those places; the garage under BH can be like $20 so you are better off there.

LOCATIONS: Trump Plaza is right next door to Boardwalk Hall. Next to that is Caeser's. About 2 blocks south is the Tropicana. The Quarter is connected to the Trops' four tower room structures and offers bars and restaurants under a covered setting like Caeser's in Vegas. It has a Hooters, a shots bar, a Comdey Club,an Irish Bar,a Sports Bar and other amenities. That's why I like to stay there. Seems it has hosted pregame parties for Xavier and Dayton fans in the past. I usually run into the team and Rammer and Earl and Timmerman there. A few years ago, kwijybo stayed at the Hilton which is further south of the Trop. While the walk is not bad, remember that winds onthe boards in March are not friendly nor calm. I'll eave the review for t eHilton up to him.

TO ALL CONCERNED: when you come into Boardwalk Hall off the boards or up from the bowels of the parking garage, you enter the main lobby. Usually, off to the right, are booths set up with the school banners with reps from the schools there. These folks can direct you to one of the meeting rooms off that lobby where SLU usually will stage a pre-game get-together to muster fans and get ready. I think it's about 60 or 90 minutes before the tip. These gatherings usually include finger foods and a cash bar (if memory serves). Plus, as we advance further into the weekend, attendance grows. These gatherings usually include the AD and staff, cheerleaders, the Billiken and alumni reps like Meg Connelly or someone. The good Fr. Biondi is there if in town as well.

SEATING: the group usually, depsite ticket seat numbers, migrates to a general area right behind the team bench for the game. Ushers are everywhere but if you act like you know what you're doing and you are wearing blue and following the herd, no one does anything much more than smile and say goodluck. Now, you might be sitting in an actual ticket hodlers' seat but it is usally put aside with a sorry, a smile and move over a saeat or two. Of course, if this is a game in a later session, it can be a little tougher to do that.

PARKING: if you are driving in, be advised the parking garage for Boardwalk Hall events closes like 60 minutes after the final buzzer or midnight, whichever is more doable. So, if you're going across the boards to the bars at Caeser's Pier or down the street to the Tropicana's Quarter, I advise you park in their parking facilities and go from there. Parking rates are like $5 at those places; the garage under BH can be like $20 so you are better off there.

LOCATIONS: Trump Plaza is right next door to Boardwalk Hall. Next to that is Caeser's. About 2 blocks south is the Tropicana. The Quarter is connected to the Trops' four tower room structures and offers bars and restaurants under a covered setting like Caeser's in Vegas. It has a Hooters, a shots bar, a Comdey Club,an Irish Bar,a Sports Bar and other amenities. That's why I like to stay there. Seems it has hosted pregame parties for Xavier and Dayton fans in the past. I usually run into the team and Rammer and Earl and Timmerman there. A few years ago, kwijybo stayed at the Hilton which is further south of the Trop. While the walk is not bad, remember that winds onthe boards in March are not friendly nor calm. I'll eave the review for t eHilton up to him.

sounds like a lot of fun. wish I could go!